By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Leeds

Started their arbitration yesterday - interesting to see how this finishes. I can't see any justification for them being penalised 15pts more than anyone else for going into administration*.

What makes me laugh though is all the other promotion-chasing teams whining and threatening legal action if Leeds do get the points back, like the Doncaster chairman:

Ryan told the BBC: "In my opinion they will fail. If they do succeed it would be an incredibly sad day for football.

"It would actually mean that promotion could be decided in a court of law."

If Leeds have all the points returned they would climb to second in the League One table and third-placed Doncaster would drop to fourth.

"I've never known anything like this happen," he said.

Ryan is also concerned that a Leeds victory in the courts would set a dangerous precedent.

"What would happen next? Would Bournemouth, Luton, Rotherham - all the other teams that have lost 10 points, take on the Football League? I think it's a nonsense."

and John Ward, manager of Carlisle:

And Ward admits: "I think Leeds will get something back."

But Ward is not happy about the timing of the appeal. "The goalposts will have been changed with three games to go which would be strange," he said.

"Rules are made at the beginning of the season and should be adhered to."

I can't understand the logic of these clubs, only got themselves to blame if they didn't perform this year. Leeds' point deduction didn't stop anyone else from winning more matches.

* = other than the obvious, "they're dirty Leeds, f*** em".

The thing is, I thought Leeds punishment wasn't for going into administration (they had those 10 points last season) it was along the lines of the couldn't satisfy the league the club was being run properly with the finances (or something like that)

Therefore if Leeds got their points back it wouldn't give Luton etc any right to appeal as there is a rule set in stone for going into administration (10 point deduction)

The difference with Leeds is that there was no precedent set before and that is why they are appealing. I think the judgement will stand or they may give Leeds some points back (probably ebough to guarantee a play off place but not automatic)

At the end of the day its the same as last season with West Ham and Sheffield, why do they leave it so late to make a judgement?

the c**** were only allowed into the league under the promise that they wouldn't contest the point deduction legally.

ken bates is now saying that this was agreed under duress.

If that is a signed agreement they should bin them from the Football League altogether, make them start at the very bottom.

Its funny how Arsenal hate Spurs, but nobody else gives that much of a toss about them, Liverpool hate Everton, but no-one cares about them, Man U hate Man City, but no-one else cares, and yet everyone in the country it seems, hates Leeds!

everyone hates manu

the c**** were only allowed into the league under the promise that they wouldn't contest the point deduction legally.

ken bates is now saying that this was agreed under duress.

Above and beyond that is the Football League rule that states no club can challenge any decision through the courts or face expulsion. First that and then the specific promise not to contest the points decision. It's quite simple - they should be thrown out of league football.

They deserved 10 for going into administration. I'm happy with the other 5 (for the dodgy timing of the action and for the fact that their biggest creditor was Bates) but I can understand if they get them back.

They deserved 10 for going into administration. I'm happy with the other 5 (for the dodgy timing of the action and for the fact that their biggest creditor was Bates) but I can understand if they get them back.

There have been a few other clubs who "timed" their administration for minimum loss and they were docked the 10pts as per usual.

It does seem a case of "dirty Leeds, kick them and Bates whilst they're down"!

The 10 point deduction for going into administration came into effect the previous season - they took the hit then, even though it effectively sent them down, to avoid getting the 10 point deduction at the start of the current season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/6625751.stm

They were then hit with a 15 point deduction for being naughty boys :yes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...ufnleeds103.xml

There have been a few other clubs who "timed" their administration for minimum loss and they were docked the 10pts as per usual.

It does seem a case of "dirty Leeds, kick them and Bates whilst they're down"!

And your complaint is?

They will find out the decision at the start of May. When does the regular season end?

States on the BEEB that the decision will be on the 1st of may. Leeds last game of the regular season is on the 3rd of May.

The arbitration hearing into Leeds United's 15-point penalty has confirmed it will make its decision by 1 May, before the final game of the season.