By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

New money

Guest Si

I don't know why they bothered with the design for the 50p 'cause that seems to have a new reverse design every year.

I'm still not sure about these new designs but I want to know if blind people have been consulted as they have more problems with any change in design with money.

I don't know why they bothered with the design for the 50p 'cause that seems to have a new reverse design every year.

I'm still not sure about these new designs but I want to know if blind people have been consulted as they have more problems with any change in design with money.

Consulting them about keeping the exact same shape? I should have thought that they'd be pleased.

Consulting them about keeping the exact same shape? I should have thought that they'd be pleased.

It's not about the shape - its about the potential different 'feel' of the coin. A blind person will often feel the face of the coin rather than checking its reletive size to check the demonination. If the coins have similar designs there is potential for confusion. Nothing in any article I've read indicates that there was consultation with relevent groups.

Blind people, without wanting to get into a fight, feel the edges, the shape, and the weight. Running a thumb over the face of a coin to (in this case) ascertain the particular part of the (egregiously Ireland-including) coat of arms doesn't come into it.

Strange thing, as commented in the article itself is the lack of numeric values on the coins - its all words.

Quite strange for a country that has opened its doors to foreigner workers and the like - now they cant understand the money they make from the jobs they have stole from us :spam:;)

It's not about the shape - its about the potential different 'feel' of the coin. A blind person will often feel the face of the coin rather than checking its reletive size to check the demonination. If the coins have similar designs there is potential for confusion. Nothing in any article I've read indicates that there was consultation with relevent groups.

I'm not blind but if I was to feel a coin in my pocket I would certainly now what it was just by feeling the outside.