By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Gerrard

Guest Si

Two big games on the trot we needed a mighty performance from our captain and we got it.

Undeservedly criticized for his "role" in the Masherano sending off but he has been f***ing majestic in the last two games, big games when we needed him to come through.

Didnt get booked either so hes fine for the 2nd leg.

Well in lad.

Two big games on the trot we needed a mighty performance from our captain and we got it.

Undeservedly criticized for his "role" in the Masherano sending off but he has been f***ing majestic in the last two games, big games when we needed him to come through.

Well in lad.

Played well yet again. He and Torres looked shattered at the end.

The worrying bit is in bold. Him and Carra on yellows at this stage of the competition is concerning.

UEFA rules...

21.03 Single yellow cards and pending suspensions are always carried forward

either to the next stage of the competition or to another club competition in

the current season.

21.04 Exceptionally, single cautions from the qualifying phase that have not

resulted in a suspension expire on completion of the qualifying phase in

question.

That's the thing, we know that Stevie and Carra are likely to miss a game at some stage should we progress. Its a s*** rule.

It is a stupid rule. We've had key players out and done well before.

How many bookings are Chelsea/Fenerbahce carrying ?

Is it just me who's noticed a more polished Gerrard lately? Majestic is the word (as suggested above). I don't remember Stevie showing this much flair - actually looked like a Kaka out there last nite!

Thought the run for the goal was a bit Torres-esque.

Thought the run for the goal was a bit Torres-esque.

Absolutely spot-on. Torres has clearly taught him how to show the ball and then leave the defender for dead - in fact, Gerrard did it twice in the run that set the goal up. Brilliant.

Is it just me who's noticed a more polished Gerrard lately? Majestic is the word (as suggested above). I don't remember Stevie showing this much flair - actually looked like a Kaka out there last nite!

You are wrong, Redknapp would still play him in central midfield becuase thats what his best position it :rolleyes:

Well in lad.

What I don't get is that those who criticise SG for the Masch sending off will also generally say that at any rate, Masch shouldn't have walked for simply asking the ref 'why?'.

So, if Masch was acting reasonably, what was the role Gerrard was meant to play ? Why should he have been expected to intervene in these supposedly 'reasonable' circumstances ?