By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

TV - Ten Genres you detest

Andy @ Allerton

1. Shows like Oprah/Maurey/Jerry Springer and the like - what a pile of unadulterated s****.

2. Any kind of Reality 'Get me out of here'/'Survival' Shows

3. Any kind of 'talent show' where it ends up being serious (And lets face it tedious and boring - they are good at the start, lame at the end) and the 'experts' are all nobbers.

4. Gardening Shows - Just too dull

5. Cookery Programmes - either obnoxious chefs that are patently a******s or wannabees crying their eyes out.

6. Shows about buying / Selling houses

7. Shows about DIY (Specifically those where they go in and do someones house up)

8. 'Americas/Britains New Model' kind of programs - they get a bunch of balloon headed buffoons and watch them behave like balloon headed buffoons

9. So called 'Debate programmes' which are obviously so guided and biased that they do nothing as advertised. Usually involves a load of decentish people being manipulated into arguing with each other and shouting other people down.

10. 'Improvement' Shows where they get a bunch of g*******s and 'send them to the desert' or 'boot camp' or other such b******s - just put them in a catapult and fire them into the side of a cliff. You know it makes sense.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't agree more Andy.

Watched about 10 minutes of Jeremy Kyle before I Managed to find the remote in the folds of the my sick-bed duvet. Sweet Mother of Jumping Jesus; he makes Springer & Kilroy look like reasonable people. Absolutely terrible, awful stuff .... and as for the bone-heads who go on it WTF?????

Civilisation my a***.

Gardening programmes are ok apart from those ar$ewipes Alan Titchmarsh, Monty Don and Diarmuid Gavin.

Cookery programmes should just concentrate on the cooking rather than ego-massaging.

Jeremy Kyle deserves to die a slow and painful death.

"Tyra-Mail!!!"(accompanied by screaming and the usual OTT septic hyperbole) should be shoved where the sun don't shine.

Z-list "slebs" should be left on the remotest island possible, with no food or water, undergo regular torture and sensory deprivation and be supplied with paranoia-inducing drugs and lethal weapons. Only web-cams should be deployed so that they stop clogging up TV with their inane, egotistical drivel.

Z-list "slebs" should be left on the remotest island possible, with no food or water, undergo regular torture and sensory deprivation and be supplied with paranoia-inducing drugs and lethal weapons. Only web-cams should be deployed so that they stop clogging up TV with their inane, egotistical drivel.

You know, that does sound awfully familiar to a show already done ;)

Couldn't agree more Andy.

Watched about 10 minutes of Jeremy Kyle before I Managed to find the remote in the folds of the my sick-bed duvet. Sweet Mother of Jumping Jesus; he makes Springer & Kilroy look like reasonable people. Absolutely terrible, awful stuff .... and as for the bone-heads who go on it WTF?????

Civilisation my a***.

I might be playing against Kyle in a charity footy match, oh he will be mine, he will be mine

Comedic improvisation type shows .. I always hated 'Whose line is it anyway' and was glad to see the back of it but it seems to have revived itself in the form of 'Mock the Week'. And dont get me started on 'Thank God You're Here' .. gahhhhhhhh ..

SHOCK-HORROR! Mock The Week is scripted!

And there was me thinking they made up their stand-up routines on the spot.

Have to admit, the show does annoy me for some reason. It seems to have been acclaimed as the funniest thing on TV at the moment, and it ain't all that.

I've got a particular hatred of those "live" music programmes at the moment on Channel 4. Usually presented by Alex Zane, Lauren Laverne et al. And usually "presented by T-Mobile/02/Vodaphone".

Po-faced, music w*****y, "just-for-the-music-maaaan", only ever held in London, crowds made up of people wanting to be on TV rather than actually listening to the music, and being encouraged to stand there, one arm aloft, videoing the whole thing on their new stupid f***ing endorsed NokiaLive ("Allowing YOU to show your mates where you were stood, 24/7").

QI is more or less ad-libbed and at least it's funny.

I quite like QI. I was watching one of the repeats in the early morning sign zone last week, and yer wee fella in the corner was doing his thing. Got me thinking as to whether deaf people think Stephen Fry is intelligent or not given the sign translation.