By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

HEROES!

Andy @ Allerton

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was gutted that I didn't catch the start of this amazing series on the SciFi Channel - but the great news is that it's starting from scratch on BBC 2 from Next Wednesday at 9pm - Showing Back to Back episodes!

Oh yes, baby.

Sweet, I was gutted I missed it on SciFi.

Good work, fella.

• 2 weeks later...

Will, not sure if you have seen it, but they are showing the first episodes of The Wire on FX channel (Mondays at 10pm)

The first ever episode was last week and they are showing all the episodes weekly up until the 5th series starts next year.

I'd never seen it before, but heard loads of really good things. The first episode was very good.

Will, not sure if you have seen it, but they are showing the first episodes of The Wire on FX channel (Mondays at 10pm)

The first ever episode was last week and they are showing all the episodes weekly up until the 5th series starts next year.

I'd never seen it before, but heard loads of really good things. The first episode was very good.

If you enjoyed the first episode, you'll be hooked by episode 4, and by the time you've watched all 4 series', you'll be boring your mates constantly about how good it is.

I was a bit underwhelmed by the first couple of episodes of Heroes, but they have to introduce all the characters first. Given what everyone else has said about this show, I'm really looking forward to it.

I taped the first episode - need to get round to watching it, along with the first ep of Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip

If you enjoyed the first episode, you'll be hooked by episode 4, and by the time you've watched all 4 series', you'll be boring your mates constantly about how good it is.

I already do that with The Shield. If its as good as that, I will be very happy.

I already do that with The Shield. If its as good as that, I will be very happy.

It's a bit different to the Shield, which I think is brilliant too. The Wire doesn't have a main character really, and it's a little less action packed. But they are both similar in that they don't glorify the cops and demonise the criminals like most shows do. If you love the Shield and liked the first episode you'll love it. I am jealous of people who are about the watch the Wire for the first time.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Finally finished the series last night. Some cracking episodes but the last one left me a little underwhelmed, although the beginning of chapter 2 seems interesing. Hints towards Hiro bringing folk back from throughout history to battle another end of the world scenario.

Is this on at any other times as well? Forgot to set the video for it last night, not that I have got round to watching the first one yet...

Finally finished the series last night. Some cracking episodes but the last one left me a little underwhelmed, although the beginning of chapter 2 seems interesing. Hints towards Hiro bringing folk back from throughout history to battle another end of the world scenario.

The finale was very poor in comparison to the rest of the episodes. But overall it was a really good first season.

They need to trim a few characters though

Yeah, thought it was a proper cop out, the way just a few of them had a go at Sylar - he should have wiped a good few of them out to give next season a fresh, clear run. Thought Nathan turning up and flying off with Peter was a bit of an easy out especially as I was looking forward to a massive Peter Vs Sylar battle where I was half expecting Peter to win by soaking up Sylar's powers - so as the battle went on Peter would become stronger. Then Hiro could come in and stab Sylar as Peter's powers became much too big for him to handle.

That's how I thought it would have panned out anyway.

The finale was very poor in comparison to the rest of the episodes. But overall it was a really good first season.

They need to trim a few characters though

Will I have a couple of sites where you can probably catch up by watching them online if you want me to mail them over to you

I could probably do that anyway, just wondering if it was on telly again...

Is this on at any other times as well? Forgot to set the video for it last night, not that I have got round to watching the first one yet...

Not sure Will. Last nights episode was good though.

• 2 weeks later...