Racist kids cant understand woman in veil

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so, no.

Plenty of people know, work with and get on very well with muslims who are ordinary, decent people.

There is a perceived threat of all the tossers on the edge of that that use Islam as some sort of petty excuse for their actions - same as any other cowardly terrorists.

You certainly can't blame the majority of good, decent people for the actions of a few braindead w*****s.

Sorry, Andy I didnt phrase that question quite right. Are the Tories and Labour both agreed that in essence muslims are the enemy? If no one speaking for the muslim community within the two main parties then that kind of consenus is very worrying.

Sorry, Andy I didnt phrase that question quite right. Are the Tories and Labour both agreed that in essence muslims are the enemy? If no one speaking for the muslim community within the two main parties then that kind of consenus is very worrying.

Like Freedland says though taken in isolation each point that is raised usually has some merit - even if it is well hidden in political double speak. It is the sum of the parts that is the problem and so there is no clear battleground for proper dissent other than in opinion pieces like Freedland's.

Edited by DanielS

Is the political consensus in the UK now that Muslims (and the 'muslim way of life') are the enemy?

I don't think their is a consensus as I only think that the Tories will sign up for this agenda if there are votes to be won rather through any kind of conviction. I don't even think their is consensus in the Labour Party. As I have said before, this is being driven by a few extremists (e.g. Blair, Reid, Kelly) and followed like sheep by others. And i think that one of the reasons for the introduction of the 'Muslim Problem' is to try and mask the war crimes carried out in Iraq i.e. we were right to carry out the war as Muslims are a problem that need to be dealt with.

I don't think their is a consensus as I only think that the Tories will sign up for this agenda if there are votes to be won rather through any kind of conviction. I don't even think their is consensus in the Labour Party. As I have said before, this is being driven by a few extremists (e.g. Blair, Reid, Kelly) and followed like sheep by others. And i think that one of the reasons for the introduction of the 'Muslim Problem' is to try and mask the war crimes carried out in Iraq i.e. we were right to carry out the war as Muslims are a problem that need to be dealt with.

Thanks. Do you think it will be a vote winner for either party?

Thanks. Do you think it will be a vote winner for either party?

I think they will gain a few votes in on the subject in certain parts of society but I think they will lose more votes on the subject in other areas. Also, I don't think that Iraq had much of an impact last time but I think it will do at the next election.

I think LAbour are going to regret their current fixation for a very long time.

Guest sniffer

how many women in he UK wear a veil? can't imagine it to be more than 2-3k myself

this "media war" on islam is really worrying, I am worried everytime my wife goes out of the house on her own

Someone on BBC radio last night said there were over 20,000.

Here's a question. What would British Airways do if one of their stewardesses insisted in coming to work dressed in a full niqab face-veil....?

Here's a question. What would British Airways do if one of their stewardesses insisted in coming to work dressed in a full niqab face-veil....?

Ask them to please take another flight as they were making some customers 'uncomfortable'?

i doubt they would even allow a head scarve to be worn

Except other things are not equal. Each one of these perfectly rational subjects, taken together, has created a perfectly irrational mood: a kind of drumbeat of hysteria in which both politicians and media have turned again and again on a single, small minority, first prodding them, then pounding them as if they represented the single biggest problem in national life.

The result is turning ugly and has, predictably, spilled on to the streets. Muslim organisations report a surge in physical and verbal attacks on Muslims; women have had their head coverings removed by force. A mosque in Falkirk was firebombed while another in Preston was attacked by a gang throwing bricks and concrete blocks.

Of course, such violence would be condemned by any politician asked about it.

While voting to continue to forcibly occupy muslim lands with all of their lovely natural resources.

Tribunal verdict

'No discrimination' in veil row

A Muslim classroom assistant suspended by a school for wearing a veil in lessons has lost her claim of religious discrimination at a tribunal.

Aishah Azmi, 23, was asked to remove the veil after the school in Dewsbury, W Yorks, said pupils found it hard to understand her.

The tribunal dismissed her claims of religious discrimination and harassment on religious grounds.

But Kirklees Council was ordered to pay her £1,100 for victimising her.

Ms Azmi's legal team said she would be appealing against the decision to dismiss her religious discrimination claims.

In a statement she criticised ministers who had intervened in the case and said it made her "fearful of the consequences for Muslim women in this country who want to work".

She said: "However, I am pleased that the tribunal have recognised the victimising way in which the school and the local education authority have handled this matter and the distress that has caused me."

'Mark of separation'

The case attracted comments from Prime Minister Tony Blair, who backed Kirklees Council for suspending Ms Azmi.

Mr Blair said the wearing of a full face veil was a "mark of separation" and made some "outside the community feel uncomfortable".

The government's race minister Phil Woolas demanded Ms Azmi to be sacked, accusing her of "denying the right of children to a full education".

Tony Blair said wearing full face veils was a "mark of separation"

Ms Azmi said: "Muslim women who wear the veils are not aliens, and politicians need to recognise that what they say can have a very dangerous impact on the lives of the minorities they treat as outcasts.

"I will continue to uphold my religious beliefs and urge Muslims to engage in dialogue with the wider community, despite the attacks that are being made upon them."

Headfield Church of England Junior School, which has 546 pupils, suspended Ms Azmi because it said pupils found it hard to understand her during lessons.

Kirklees Council said the decision was taken after a monitoring period in which the impact of wearing the veil on the teaching and learning was studied.

It said: "In this case the school and local authority had to balance the rights of the children to receive the best quality education possible and Mrs Azmi's desire to express her cultural beliefs by wearing a veil in class.

"The education of the children is of paramount importance and it is disappointing that the school was unable to reach a compromise with Mrs Azmi in this case."

So she was being victimised but they were right to sack her?

I was expecting some kind of compromise outcome from this tribunal but not that.

:wacko:

I found the whole thing so ironic I expected the tinman to show up. She's given compensation but not for victimisation. She has to adjust the veil to read a statement saying it doesn't impede communication. The social exclusion minister (What the hell is that?) has decided that veils might increase social exclusion, or maybe not, etc, etc. Whole situation is farcical.

Edited by DanielS

Did you watch Question Time last night?

No. Why?

I've decided to boycott news programs on the grounds that I am sick to death of the bloody muslim "issue". I'll get my news from newspapers until this annoying agenda goes away or the entire country is vapourised by hindus feeling neglected and overlooked.