Racist kids cant understand woman in veil

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you keep notes about what winds people up?

yes....

coyler = liverpool is prod team

spion kop = everything thats not white or christian or english really

tanman = jokes about things youd do if you won the lottery :o (and his dog)...oh and me apparently

scot = andy

andy = scot, des, students

Edited by Ostrich Man

Yes of course.

Thats why the sides of roads are littered with burnt out cars wherever you look. They do it on purpose, especially when they have their kids in the car with them. In Arab countries, they only have a 50/50 chance of reaching their destination without getting lost in the desert and hitting a camel.

Saw someone driving wearing a pair of sunglasses once adn another one wearing a baseball cap. Seriously.

what about a helmet like the one use in motor racing, does that restrict the vision?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/6050392.stm

Similar to Jack Straw - "No one ever complained".

And she claims she was happy to remove it in front of the kids. Remains a non-story though.

But the same wider issue pervades - Religious symbols of any description should not be allowed in classrooms. The faith schools that the Blessed Blair has promoted are divisive in principle*. Public life starts in the classroom and religion has no place in public life. What people do in their own time, however, is entirely their own business.

EDIT * That Jack Straw has never felt the need to comment on, despite sitting in a cabinet and having the ear of the Prime Minister.

Edited by Knox_Harrington

But the same wider issue pervades - Religious symbols of any description should not be allowed in classrooms. The faith schools that the Blessed Blair has promoted are divisive in principle*. Public life starts in the classroom and religion has no place in public life. What people do in their own time, however, is entirely their own business.

Agree totally.

Not sure it's a non story.

She has said she would NOT remove it infront of a male colleague. She's a classroom assistant who, in the opinion of the school (and hers as she is happy to remove for the kids), is less effective with the veil on

Therefore, she is not able to fulfill the duties of the job to the standard required unless the school only allocates staffing with female teachers

Yep, blown up out of all proportion, but not, IMO, a non-story, more like a "fight picking" one

As is the BA check-in woman who has been told NOT to wear the her cricifix necklace outside her uniform. She has said "I wish to display my faith"...

But the same wider issue pervades - Religious symbols of any description should not be allowed in classrooms.

Don't agree. Well I would if you mean they shouldn't be provided by the school (every class in my school had a crucifix on the wall), but for individual pupils I don't think you should dictate like that. It's about acceptance, not homogenisation.

personally I'd be more concerned about having kids wear uniforms of sorts so there wasn't such a divide in class, being after the latest gear etc to position themselves in the heirachy.

As for what a teacher wears? well, it's all teenage kicks and who are the folks to tell us. If anything, from my experience, it would have put a complete stop to folk w***ing in class. In that respect the only thing I'd debate is why Bhurkas are black and why they aren't more common in schools

Guest Jack Bauer

Uniforms don't do much, the kids still try to have the most expensive gear through their shoes, sports kits, bags or even their pens and s****. I remember when I was in Year 6 and there was a big inter-school competition and as a method of recruiting the best players people offered them Parker pens and s***.

Dunno what my point was now. Oh yeah, Muslims are ok.

In that respect the only thing I'd debate is why Bhurkas are black and why they aren't more common in schools

Because only adult women wear them, Spike. :)

des, youre pretty hardcore bout some things but about religion youre willing to let so much s*** slip by.

with your politics i thought youd be fighting religion all the way.

Considering where you're from, I'm surprised that you don't see how important it is to accept difference.

Guest sniffer

The BBC reported yesterday that this woman turned up for her job interview at the school with no veil at all AND the interview was attended by a man. Rather demolishes her stance if this is true, I should have thought...... :hmm:

Don't agree. Well I would if you mean they shouldn't be provided by the school (every class in my school had a crucifix on the wall), but for individual pupils I don't think you should dictate like that. It's about acceptance, not homogenisation.

Not that bothered either way on that front. I can see the French Principle but can see what you are saying. Regardless it's the schools who should be forced to shape up, not the pupils.

Why should people be forced to accept anything about religion? It seems that, no matter how unreasonable a person's behaviour is, if it's done in the name of a religion then we're expected to tolerate it and not criticize it.

If I was to walk round with a paper bag over my head (in case men oggled me) I'd probably be sent to a psychiatrist. But cover your head for the same reason in the name of religion and suddenly it's okay :wacko:

It's the 21st century for goodness sake and history has proved that this superstitious nonsense (aka religion) causes nothing but trouble