By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The moment every Dad looks forward too

Paul B

Took our Liam to his first game when he was five. He told me he wanted to leave at half time! I thought I'd blown it and taken him too early! Some chance. He loves going even more than I do and as my mother used to say, "your father will never be dead while you're alive."

Fantastic that. My mate's a big Man City fan and on the morning of their derby this season, he rang to ask my opinion. His lad's five and he was starting to get into football. Rick asked me seriously if he should take him. He said he knew that if he went that day, that would be it, he'd be tied to City all his life like Rick and his father before him. The pain of being a City fan and the money he's spent following the team haunted him. Relationships ended because City came first, jobs lost, financial problems at times...did he want to subject Harvey to that for life? We were kicking off at Anfield when he rang me and told me that City's magnificent victory over the old enemy PROVED he'd done the right thing and I could hear little Harvey in the background giving it "Blue Moon" like there was no tomorrow! Fantastic, I thought!

on the subject of fathers and kids going the games, i think in teh premiership, its something that is dying out. looking back 10 or 15 years ago, you seen it everywhere, but now, it just doesnt happen as much, all seater stadia mainly season ticketed just hasnt helped

on the subject of fathers and kids going the games, i think in teh premiership, its something that is dying out. looking back 10 or 15 years ago, you seen it everywhere, but now, it just doesnt happen as much, all seater stadia mainly season ticketed just hasnt helped

Local tickets for local dads :thumbs: