By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

I wonder if Baros regrets his decision

Around the CL final Baros's agent spurted off about him going to Valencia and from that point on he was finished at Anfield. I wonder if he regrets that decision or was he destined to be out the door anyway. He hasn't set the world on fire at Villa yet, although they have been pretty woeful. t*** of a new do too ;)

Around the CL final Baros's agent spurted off about him going to Valencia and from that point on he was finished at Anfield. I wonder if he regrets that decision or was he destined to be out the door anyway. He hasn't set the world on fire at Villa yet, although they have been pretty woeful. t*** of a new do too  ;)

1110791[/snapback]

Think he was finished before then to be honest.

Bigger mistake was not to go to Lyon

Think he was finished before then to be honest.

Bigger mistake was not to go to Lyon

1110808[/snapback]

Agreed, Rafa wanted rid a long time ago. He should have figured that if GH was prepared to spend a bundle on him maybe his opinion of him as a player had changed a bit from when he was in charge.

I don't see O'Leary being there for too long. It's just a matter of time before he loses the players.... if he doesn't lose the support of the board first.

In hindsight, not a very good move for Meelan. Although I think most of us coulda told him that in the summer.

Perhaps, in a World Cup year, Baros is told that he is no longer wanted at LFC. He then decides to stay in the Premiership so there is no major upheaval for him - he can still play in a league he knows, in a team which has his old m8 and colleague, in the country where he has played for a few years now - whilst almost guaranteeing his World Cup place.

He has a decent/good/brill World Cup - and will probably take his pick from a fair few clubs with bigger ambitions than Villa. After all he is only 24yrs old.

Either way - good luck to the lad.

Around the CL final Baros's agent spurted off about him going to Valencia  and from that point on he was finished at Anfield. I wonder if he regrets that decision or was he destined to be out the door anyway.. He hasn't set the world on fire at Villa yet, although they have been pretty woeful. t*** of a new do too  ;)

1110791[/snapback]

that was arranged in full knowledge of the club though. In Lloret's biography it states as such and that it was common knowledge and threfore not an issue cos liverpool wanted shot of him!

There are some pretty interesting pointers about Baros either in that book or Ballagues. Saying that one reason they wanted rid, was simply cos he made no effort all season to take on board anything the coaches tried to teach him.

Plus he along with Cisse was a 'runner' and they needed to money for a different type of striker. So yeah he was always out of the door.

He's a daft sod going to Villa though. But I guess when teams ain't battering the door down to sign you, your chances are limited.

If he has a good world cup, maybe some teams will come in for him.

I still quite like him as a player but his attitude wasn't good enough for us. He's clearly never going to get anywhere playing in a mediocre side like Villa, but I don't wish him any ill will.

I'd particularly like to see him stick a couple past Italy in the World Cup.

:o

thought you liked Italy

1111453[/snapback]

Not their national side, no. Appals me the way they waste some extremely talented players by playing in a style which George Graham would regard as being on the negative side.

And also how as soon as they win one match, they are so obviously going to win the World Cup that the other countries might as well go home. You would struggle to believe the national mood after they had defeated the mighty Ecuador in 2002.

Needless to say, I had the last laugh.