By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Parry has a lot to answer for

mattster

...........he didn't have the money to bring him home. What a joke, as chief exec. it's Rick Parry's job to bring in money to the club. Well, he's failed and let every LFC fan down today by letting one of our own go to Newcastle. We found £7million for the unproven, unreliable Peter Crouch, yet we can't find £12mill for MO - a disgrace. I'm not panicking, and think we'll do well this season, but to challenge for the PL we needed a quality striker like Michael Owen, sack the board.

Perhaps Rafa said he'd rather have Crouch than Owen?

People seem to think that Rafa has a lot of input into who we sign and who we don't,and a preference for which players are priorities.

I wish Michael all the best at Newcastle,but he's only there because he left us and then we wouldn't take him back.

I won't have Madrid play us for fools either.

Guest Red Mist

Stop blaming the club. We would never have 'missed out' on him had he not left us in the first place. Owen is squarely to blame, for his own career going down the sh!tter - and that's exactly where it's gone now that he's at Newcastle.

apart from this being a superfluous thread (given the others currently up and running in this very forum)...

i'd just like to say, Rick Parry hasn't let this LFC fan down. in fact the only LFC employee that has left me feeling let down (in the last twelve months) is a certain michael owen, who engineered himself a nice move to a spanish club, after reportedly promising not to leave on a bosman. thankfully, our manager called his bluff and shipped him out while there was still time to grab a fee. however, this negates any claims that owen was "one of our own"

Edited by Herbie von Smalls

...........he didn't have the money to bring him home. What a joke, as chief exec. it's Rick Parry's job to bring in money to the club. Well, he's failed and let every LFC fan down today by letting one of our own go to Newcastle. We found £7million for the unproven, unreliable Peter Crouch, yet we can't find £12mill for MO - a disgrace. I'm not panicking, and think we'll do well this season, but to challenge for the PL we needed a quality striker like Michael Owen, sack the board.

973095[/snapback]

Join the club mattster.

Guest TheFooFighter

But why should we pay 12m for a player we sold 12months ago for 8m. He wanted saved for a bad sitution but when the chips where down last summer he went there instead of signing a new contract.

You f*cking do-gooders make me sick. I forgot to mention Moores should go as well. We are European Champions, and money should not be an object, for what we want, anyway. Harden up you soft sods, I've supported LFC all my life, and given god knows how much to the club down the years, why shouldn't I have an opinion, and voice it.

apart from this being a superfluous thread (given the others currently up and running in this very forum)...

i'd just like to say, Rick Parry hasn't let this LFC fan down. in fact the only LFC employee that has left me feeling let down (in the last twelve months) is a certain michael owen, who engineered himself a nice move to a spanish club, after reportedly promising not to leave on a bosman. thankfully, our manager called his bluff and shipped him out while there was still time to grab a fee. however, this negates any claims that owen was "one of our own"

973111[/snapback]

Nail on head etc. Owen is to blame for this, not Parry.

But why should we pay 12m for a player we sold 12months ago for 8m. He wanted saved for a bad sitution but when the chips where down last summer he went there instead of signing a new contract.

973114[/snapback]

thats if Madrid would have even sold him for £12m. We cant be sure they would have lost out on £5m.

Guest neuklon
Well, he's failed and let every LFC fan down today by letting one of our own go to Newcastle.

I'm glad we weren't held to ransom so hardly every LFC fan

Guest hackouac

why should we have paid the 12million for owen, well lets see hes a quality striker far better than what we currently have on our books..

why didnt we pay the money for figo when we are interested in signing solano for the same amount

why didnt we pay the money for duff, when instead we bought 3 unproven foreigners for the same price(all were flops)

Why couldnt we have Told Roy Evans to leave in a decent way instead of being gutless and putting him through the co-manager wreck with houllier

Why did we let owens contract run down....without getting it sorted earlier.

The Gerrard mess

The Steve Morgan mess

The stadium

i could go on and on................PARRY TO GO

The club is in a mess

why should we have paid the 12million for owen, well lets see hes a quality striker far better than what we currently have on our books..

why didnt we pay the money for figo when we are interested in signing solano for the same amount

why didnt we pay the money for duff, when instead we bought 3 unproven foreigners for the same price(all were flops)

Why couldnt we have Told Roy Evans to leave in a decent way instead of being gutless and putting him through the co-manager wreck with houllier

The Gerrard mess

The Steve Morgan mess

The stadium

The club is in a mess

973142[/snapback]

Jesus wept

The Gerrard mess

The Steve Morgan mess

The stadium

The club is in a mess

973142[/snapback]

:lol:

Edited by gackwilliams

We cant just magic money up.

Crouch money was there. money for owen wasn't. Thats why moores was gonna fund it himself. But real wanted to much.

We werent gonna be taken for mugs.

Our board rocks

Parry for PM

Guest hackouac
The trophy room's looking well though.

973153[/snapback]

indeed it is, doesnt hide the fact that we are very quickly falling further and further behind other clubs.

No wonder i avoid f***ing footy side of Liverpool forums, as it's full of f***ing nomark plebs half the time.

973162[/snapback]

Its educational reading this stuff though. From an anthropological perspective at least.

Edited by DanielS