By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Oh You Have To Laugh, Don't You

AE

Apparently Chelski want Ronaldo (Manc version) and have basically offered him what he wants per week. He has then gone back to the PLC is now asking for "stupid money", hence all the contract snippets that have been appearing in the press recently

Anyway the lad who was going on about this (a Manc ST holder in Manchester) reckons if he goes then they will sign Gerrard. (He did however refuse my £10 bet that Stevie would NEVER play for them. Their arguement is that Rooney was never going to play for them and he signed :rolleyes: )

The bluenose only gets a mention because they ****er has been winding me up :rant:

This is a stupid rumour churned out by The Sun newspaper to fill pages.

The notion that a Manchester United player, unless solely driven by money, would want to leave Manchester United for Chelsea is laughable. At most Ronaldo is using Chelsea as a bargaining tool to stay with United longer, Chelsea can want him all they like, we're a big club and big clubs dont lose their best players.

These people are making a living off the back of such bulls***.

Edited by OSRB

You lost Beckham.

Ferguson wanted rid of Beckham, hence why he dropped him for the 02-03 run in. Their dislike for each other was hardly a secret and the fans naturally took Fergusons side against Beckham, Beckham had to go.

As far as Im aware, Ferguson wants to keep hold of Ronaldo.

Spike, Van Nistelrooys the only dutchman in our squad and today he's pledged to stay with United for the rest of his career. Atleast with Ronaldo he has a few team mates that speak Portugease and a Portugease assistant manager who will be his manager in a few years time. It's a non-starter, as much as people will like to think otherwise. At most he's after a higher wage.

Edited by OSRB

We're a club that doesnt lose players that we want to keep, we want to keep our best players.

Clearly Ferguson didnt feel Beckham was one of our best players, that's why a) he dropped him in place of Solskjaer and b) Sold him off at the end of the year.

It's not really rocket science, we dont lose players we want to keep. More or less every player who has left United in the last 10 years or so has found the only way is down. Ronaldo doesnt seem money driven, theres no reason why he wouldnt stay.

Stam hasnt reproduced anything like his form of his time at United with Lazio, neither Milan IMO. He was in his prime then, he's on the bench for Milan these days.

Veron at United had some bloody brilliant games, more or less every CL game he was incredible, at Chelsea he never took off until he boarded a plane to Italy in the summer. Not that Chelsea are anywhere close to being as good as United.

This is all off the point anyway, im asking why would Ronaldo want to leave Manchester United for Chelsea? The only plus point is money and he's never seemed the kind of player to have money at the heart of everything he does. He had a very humble upbringing.

Edited by OSRB

We're a club that doesnt lose players that we want to keep, we want to keep our best players.

Clearly Ferguson didnt feel Beckham was one of our best players, that's why a) he dropped him in place of Solskjaer and b) Sold him off at the end of the year.

either that or Beckham had already fallen out with Ferguson and decided he was off to Madrid and so Demento dropped him then sold him?

If you, Ferguson or anyone else thinks Solskjaer is, was or ever shall be a better right-sided midfielder than Beckham, then you're f*cked in the head.

Ole suited the system we adapted in the 02-03 run in, he was also more of a goal threat. Dont do Solskjaer dis-service in that respect because he was bloody magnificent that season, whilst Beckham was papp.

Ferguson didnt like Beckham, the fans didnt like Beckham. He was always going to leave. If Beckham had been playing week in week out, in the managers goodbooks, he would not have left. He had shrugged off interest from such clubs during happier times. 25 million though, heh heh, daylight f***ing robbery :)

Ole suited the system we adapted in the 02-03 run in, he was also more of a goal threat. Dont do Solskjaer dis-service in that respect because he was bloody magnificent that season, whilst Beckham was papp.

Ferguson didnt like Beckham, the fans didnt like Beckham. He was always going to leave. If Beckham had been playing week in week out, in the managers goodbooks, he would not have left. He had shrugged off interest from such clubs during happier times. 25 million though, heh heh, daylight f***ing robbery :)

indeed - on shirt sales in Asia alone Madrid must be pissing themselves laughing at United

Ronaldo can win everything he wants to win with United. Our ambitions are the same as Chelseas.

If money drives his desires then Im sure he will look elsewhere because we wont pay our players riddiculous wages unless their time at the club deserves it. But Ferguson knows his players personalities and im sure he wouldnt have bought him if he was money-driven and selfish, neither would he play him if he was.

What Ronaldo is doing, at the very most, is using Chelsea as a bargaining tool. Im not suprised you lot are already indulging in the art of wishful thinking.

:lol::lol:

My ambitions are the same as Rod Stewart's - to sh*g as many leggy blonde bimbos as possible.

Your ambitions may be the same but I'd suggest your likelihood of completing them are light years apart.

:lol::lol:

My ambitions are the same as Rod Stewart's - to sh*g as many leggy blonde bimbos as possible.

Your ambitions may be the same but I'd suggest your likelihood of completing them are light years apart.

Nah, that's just you living in your own world of illiterate babble. With a heavy dose of wishful thinking, naturally.

Banjo, I think he does get a rough time at times, particularly from Keane who turns the screw when he feels young players arent performing to the expected standard. There was a stage where he was getting b******ed right, left and centre but it's passed with his good form. He doesnt get treated like a superstar (hence the lower wages than the established pro's), whether that will make him seek a move to a Spanish club where he would be adored, I dont know, but he has never seemed that kind of player. Whenever he's interviewed, for an exceedingly camp man he comes across very determined, when he joined he said his humble upbringing meant he was amazed at how much money he was getting per week, which even then was little for a first teamer. Unless his personality has changed over the last year or so, and with Ferguson and Keane around it's unlikely, then I cant see him wanting to leave.

Anything is possible, I suppose, Football has a habbit of suprising us, it's just History suggests otherwise in this kind of case. Obviously it's worth baring in mind that the rumour that Chelsea are interested originates from The Sun, I wouldnt believe those b******s if they told me the sky was blue.

He doesnt get treated like a superstar (hence the lower wages than the established pro's), whether that will make him seek a move to a Spanish club where he would be adored, I dont know, but he has never seemed that kind of player. Whenever he's interviewed, for an exceedingly camp man he comes across very determined, when he joined he said his humble upbringing meant he was amazed at how much money he was getting per week, which even then was little for a first teamer. Unless his personality has changed over the last year or so, and with Ferguson and Keane around it's unlikely, then I cant see him wanting to leave.

I agree - I don't get the sense that money is his main motivation. What I have seen of him gives me the impression that he's quite quiet and bashing him with a big stick a la Keane is probably far less effectiive than giving him support and guidance.

Some players like Robben come across as very very mature, but other players - and I put Ronaldo in that category - need alot more coddling. I think if he starts to get marginalised or the the other players isolate him (and I think a degree of this has happened already) it will really will affect his form.

If he had grown up with the Scholes, Giggs, Beckham generation at the same age, with Cantona as a background influence (though I do think he was a utter c**k at times), I rekcon he would have been alright but the 2nd string of Manc young players - Bellion, Fletcher etc really don't strike me as the players or personalities that he would gel with - either terms of ability or personality.

My take on it is that you can see how well performs when he first joined and particulary during the Euros - he's feels appreciated and part of something - that's when he gives his best. Then after a while - because of his petulance, prima donna impressions, not wanting to play with the reserves or whatever, there's far less entente cordiale which contributes to his form taking a dip.

Edited by Banjo

I cant disagree with any of that at all. Very good post.

Although he was best mates with Djemba Djemba :blink:

Edited by OSRB

Ronaldo can win everything he wants to win with United. Our ambitions are the same as Chelseas.

If money drives his desires then Im sure he will look elsewhere because we wont pay our players riddiculous wages unless their time at the club deserves it. But Ferguson knows his players personalities and im sure he wouldnt have bought him if he was money-driven and selfish, neither would he play him if he was.

What Ronaldo is doing, at the very most, is using Chelsea as a bargaining tool. Im not suprised you lot are already indulging in the art of wishful thinking.

Bizarre response that

Wishful thinking? I couldn't care less if Ronaldo plays for you or Chelsea...good player, got his faults, and wouldn't get into the Chelsea side.

It doesn't matter if your ambition matches Chelsea's. They're a better side than you, which could obviously be a factor in Ronaldo liking the idea of moving to them, along with the obvious money element

Bizarre response that

Wishful thinking? I couldn't care less if Ronaldo plays for you or Chelsea...good player, got his faults, and wouldn't get into the Chelsea side.

It doesn't matter if your ambition matches Chelsea's. They're a better side than you, which could obviously be a factor in Ronaldo liking the idea of moving to them, along with the obvious money element

:lol:

There have been years where Arsenal have been better than us, I didnt see the clammer to join them.

I know you've got your problems with Gerrard but dont relate it to that of Ronaldo, two completely different scenarios.

4th to 2nd probably on Beckhams shirt sales alone.

Well, one or to things regarding shirt-sales....

1. Footballclubs get a set fee every year from the manufactors. It doesn`t matter how many "Beckham"-shirts they sell. The upside of signing Beckham is to gain marketing-advantage for Real Madrid as a club. They get talked about.. Beckham is the person that makes most money on the back of David Beckham. Real Madrid can only try to "use" him to front themselves.

2. "Shirtsales in Asia"-arguments is blown out of proportion. Those who rule the asian-market are those involved with pirate-merchandises. The "blackmarket" is twice the size and half the price of the official market.

See, this guy was a liability with his special service. His own transport-arrangements, entire floors at hotels, security,coctailparties, constant bothering with agents over his cut of the Beckham-name...the list is endless. It was nice as long as he could deliver on the pitch. You know, the stuff that could justify his 90k a week salary. He was crap (by his standards) the last two seasons. He wasn`t benched because of any row, he was placed there because he couldn`t make the team. A striker(a loyal, hardworking one) took his midfield-place with pure determination and a fantastic ability to adapt. Beckham didn`t answer... In his world, he was the best one around... no matter what(much like his guaranteed place in the England-team. Nice Euro by the way...w***)... Believed his own hype this one... Shame really.

Well, one or to things regarding shirt-sales....

1. Footballclubs get a set fee every year from the manufactors. It doesn`t matter how many "Beckham"-shirts they sell. The upside of signing Beckham is to gain marketing-advantage for Real Madrid as a club. They get talked about.. Beckham is the person that makes most money on the back of David Beckham. Real Madrid can only try to "use" him to front themselves.

2. "Shirtsales in Asia"-arguments is blown out of proportion. Those who rule the asian-market are those involved with pirate-merchandises. The "blackmarket" is twice the size and half the price of the official market.

See, this guy was a liability with his special service. His own transport-arrangements, entire floors at hotels, security,coctailparties, constant bothering with agents over his cut of the Beckham-name...the list is endless. It was nice as long as he could deliver on the pitch. You know, the stuff that could justify his 90k a week salary. He was crap (by his standards) the last two seasons. He wasn`t benched because of any row, he was placed there because he couldn`t make the team. A striker(a loyal, hardworking one) took his midfield-place with pure determination and a fantastic ability to adapt. Beckham didn`t answer... In his world, he was the best one around... no matter what(much like his guaranteed place in the England-team. Nice Euro by the way...w***)... Believed his own hype this one... Shame really.

Only the way Real Madrid operate they get a cut of everything the player makes in promotional deals. So it's not just Beckham that gains from him being in various ads, promotions etc - Real get more money too.