By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Liverpool v Sheff Utd 2 Jan 8pm k.o. BT

Conrad

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't for this game but would for the Everton game. I hate that we've drawn them 'cos we need to take it more seriously than I think we'd like to

Thankfully after that, even though the next few games are hard, there's decent gaps between them for some rest.

F*ck the Everton game, just because it's them that shouldn't affect our team selection. If giving everybody who needs it gets a rest at the expense of losing to Everton (not that we would for sure anyway) then that's the way to go whether it's Everton or Watford or Chesterfield. The league and Big Ears are all that count this year.

F*ck the Everton game, just because it's them that shouldn't affect our team selection. If giving everybody who needs it gets a rest at the expense of losing to Everton (not that we would for sure anyway) then that's the way to go whether it's Everton or Watford or Chesterfield. The league and Big Ears are all that count this year.

Course it should. You should pick the strongest team required in the FA Cup, not just toss it off because you've decided it's beneath you. If we were playing Port Vale then change away. But we aren't and winning would be quite good. 

Edited by Hightown Phil

Course it should. You should pick the strongest team required in the FA Cup, not just toss it off because you've decided it's beneath you. If we were playing Port Vale then change away. But we aren't and winning would be quite good.

It is not a black and white decision. Personally I worry that Trent and Robbo are playing too many games. So for Sheffield play a back four of

Trent - Gomez - VVD - Milner

and against Everton

Hoever - Gomez - VVD - Robbo

Edited by RedLars

I'm fascinated by what people think would be the worst outcome of resting players against Sheffield United. We need 45 points from 19 games to get 100 points. We need 42 points from 19 games to win the title assuming Leicester win every single game, and every time they or City drop points that number will decrease. A home game against a tired Sheffield United side is the perfect time to make a few tweaks to things and if we draw, we draw. It just moves the week we win the league back by one. Unless you think we're going to turn in to a side that would finish about 8th over the course of half a season.  

We’re not going to play the team we played v Villa but we can make 4-5 changes and be strong

4 or 5 changes based on our bench yesterday would involve at least one player who's never started a league game though. 

I'm fascinated by what people think would be the worst outcome of resting players against Sheffield United. We need 45 points from 19 games to get 100 points. We need 42 points from 19 games to win the title assuming Leicester win every single game, and every time they or City drop points that number will decrease. A home game against a tired Sheffield United side is the perfect time to make a few tweaks to things and if we draw, we draw. It just moves the week we win the league back by one. Unless you think we're going to turn in to a side that would finish about 8th over the course of half a season.  

4 or 5 changes based on our bench yesterday would involve at least one player who's never started a league game though.

The game is next weekend. See who’s capable of playing.

Personally I am trying to take one match at a time. I do not think we will fall of a cliff in terms of performance but we do currently have two fit senior center half’s and three fullbacks. We need to manage their fitness very carefully.

Most managers deal with fixture congestion by picking multiple teams in advance though so it's not that simple as saying 'See who's available'.

He'll have already picked both teams I reckon.

Seeing who’s available and fit is exactly what he does. He’s said it loads. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have an idea of what he would like. Ultimately I think his desire will be more aligned with what most are saying as opposed to a desire to never give Everton ground ever ever ever.

It's just about keeping the momentum in the league. Trying to maintain the air of invincibility for as long as possible. Grinding City and Leicester's hopes down.

We will drop points sometime but I'm not up for prioritising the FA Cup over the league. If we can play strong teams in both then great but if players need resting, I'd rather that be in the cup.

Edited by psl

Seeing who’s available and fit is exactly what he does. He’s said it loads. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have an idea of what he would like. Ultimately I think his desire will be more aligned with what most are saying as opposed to a desire to never give Everton ground ever ever ever.

My main desire is there's no replay to be honest. 

It's just about keeping the momentum in the league. Trying to maintain the air of invincibility for as long as possible. Grinding City and Leicester's hopes down.

We will drop points sometime but I'm not up for prioritising the FA Cup over the league. If we can play strong teams in both then great but if players need resting, I'd rather that be in the cup.

The spin off of resting is that it increases the chances of drawing. Playing the strongest team and winning gives more of a rest than playing a half baked team that draws and has to play in what is currently our first free midweek since August. 

My main desire is there's no replay to be honest.

The spin off of resting is that it increases the chances of drawing. Playing the strongest team and winning gives more of a rest than playing a half baked team that draws and has to play in what is currently our first free midweek since August.

Yes I get that. I think Klopp will mix it up for both games but less so for Sheff Utd. Could do with Shaqiri being back.