By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Takumi Minamino

Mutley

1 hour ago, Aritro said:

When I find myself doubting Minamino, I look at this clip, and I believe.

He was a pain in the backside playing against us. I lost count the number of times he picked the ball up really deep and got it moving forward really quickly. He does like an interception too.

• 3 months later...

Problem is you only get away with being that lightweight if you have clever movement and an extraordinary first touch so defenders can't get near you. He doesn't seem to have that and any half decent defender will just give him a little nudge and knick the ball.

Wasn't really helped by our other attacking players last night though and I'm not really sure what anyone's position was supposed to be.

3 minutes ago, Eiler99 said:

Problem is you only get away with being that lightweight if you have clever movement and an extraordinary first touch so defenders can't get near you. He doesn't seem to have that and any half decent defender will just give him a little nudge and knick the ball.

Wasn't really helped by our other attacking players last night though and I'm not really sure what anyone's position was supposed to be.

He's also only playing in second string front lines by and large. I don't think he's played a single game with Salah and Mane either side of him. Not been great, but would be helpful for him if he was able to play football with the good players on at least a semi regular basis. He has after all only started two league games.

I've basically written him off now.  Had high hopes that he'd turn into an excellent player for us once he worked on his core strength, but he's had close to a year now and two long breaks and he looks as weak as he did when he started.

We'll sell him to a club in another league and he'll be a good player for them, but I'll be surprised if he does it with us.  He's just way, way too lightweight.

Edited by Aritro