By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Wifi home camera

jimbolala

Isn't it more about making sure the person is safe and not on fire?

exactly

you want to see the fire when it's starting, not when there are flames coming from the blown-out windows

but also if the carers are pinching her and stealing her money

Similar vein has anyone any experience of GPS trackers? My dementia suffering mum has wandered off a couple of times recently si need to get something sorted.

my nan used to do that

on the plus side, she got to see Streatham, which never really seemed on the cards

if you're spying on carers, doesn't the camera have to be indoors?

and don't they have to be informed, 'cos they've got rights and s***?

We're not doing, so no. As I mentioned in the OP, it's about making sure she is safe etc.

my nan used to do that

on the plus side, she got to see Streatham, which never really seemed on the cards

I was in Streatham last week - it's where my lad & his other half live. I didn't see your nan as far as I'm aware. 

We're not doing, so no. As I mentioned in the OP, it's about making sure she is safe etc.

I was in Streatham last week - it's where my lad & his other half live. I didn't see your nan as far as I'm aware. 

oh yeah? well she saw you  :hmm:

it seems like there's a story every week in the Echo about rogue carers

one in the for the Brexiters though as they're always local white trash, or from St Helens or somewhere, which means we can expect a lot more of this if the Brexiters have their way

Haha. Knew your nan was a bit of a peeper.

We're planning to do as much of the care as we can ourselves, apart from the actual medical stuff itself obviously. I say we, I mean Mrs.C. The plan is two months or so at ours then a two week break where she (the m-i-l that is) goes to my b-i-l's. In between time we'll get respite care for a few hours for a couple of afternoons a week for my wife to have a bit of a break. It could all go horribly wrong but she can't live on her own and she's not getting the level of care she needs in the homes that are prepared to take her.

Cheers the idea is for us to be able to check outside if she gets worried. Theres been a few break ins where she lives and it would be good to check the back garden remotely for her. I ve seen some with a speaker so you can tell people to get the f*** out

Cheers the idea is for us to be able to check outside if she gets worried. Theres been a few break ins where she lives and it would be good to check the back garden remotely for her. I ve seen some with a speaker so you can tell people to get the f*** out

Yeah, seen that kind of thing advertised on the telly.

I'm on Google nest platform, have a nest cam indoor which is around 100 quid, motion sensitive, 1080p HD, night vision, zoning, records sound, uploads and instant alerts via nest aware subscription. Been using for 2 years now and has never let me down. As it was Black Friday I have added a google nest hub max, it has the nest can built in, but is also an assistant, photo frame, chromecast display and overall great piece of kit

Seeing as this is, at least momentarily, the elderly relative thread - does anyone know anything about funeral insuranse or prepaid plans? My mum wants to set something up but I know nothing about it, and is it even possible for people over 80?

Not specifically but there was a Which? article about it not long ago which made for interesting reading  some of them (the Co-op's plan springs to mind) was in the 'don't touch with a bargepole' category. I'll log in later and copy the article for you as I assume most people don't have access to those reports.

Not specifically but there was a Which? article about it not long ago which made for interesting reading  some of them (the Co-op's plan springs to mind) was in the 'don't touch with a bargepole' category. I'll log in later and copy the article for you as I assume most people don't have access to those reports.

how come you have access to them?

are you some kind of big shot?

Not specifically but there was a Which? article about it not long ago which made for interesting reading some of them (the Co-op's plan springs to mind) was in the 'don't touch with a bargepole' category. I'll log in later and copy the article for you as I assume most people don't have access to those reports.

That would be totes amazeballs mr two bras

• 1 month later...

We're now most of one week in.. she moved in on Sunday and I can see already that this is going to be difficult and trying (of course we knew that beforehand but seeing the actual shape and size of it first hand is a different thing). In the space of just five or six her care has just completely taken over almost all of our waking hours (and with a fair few interruptions overnight as well). My wife & I are now having to fit in our 'me time' into about an hour and a half from 10pm onwards after she's gone to bed and most of that time is now spent clearing up the mess from during the day rather than us doing anything worthwhile... No idea how Mrs.C will cope if I have to work away for any extended period which I'm sure I will do at some point this year or, for that matter, how I'll cope if Mrs.C. is hit by illness or whatever. 

If it wasn't for the fact that my wife retired last April we would not be in a position to do this, and as she is a retired nurse she has the skills to do it as well. The M-i-L will get much better quality of care here than she's been getting either at home on her own or in the care home she's been in for the last few months. The worry is - and this sounds awful - that it will prolong her life. This could be a long slog and she may have to go back in to care at some point but as long as we are looking after her, she will get better care than she would otherwise which, on the one hand should prolong her life, but will also take away more of our opportunity to enjoy the wife's retirement and my free time. But as they say, it's family innit, you do what you can.