By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Life, the universe and everything

Zoob

OM - Sorry to hear about your mate - That's a shocker, and there are no words that I can say that'll help.
Molby - You've just made me snort flat warm Corona out me nose.  I needed that.

Bailo.  I'm currently on wife #2.  I expect it to stay that way, she's a good woman.  But wife #1 … We met when she was 17, I was 20 or so and stayed together till we were early 30's.  She hadn't had a boyfriend before, and I hadn't had many girlfriends.  There was one I split up with one week before she had a minor but significant enough win on the Irish Lottery, but that's a whole different unlucky b*****d story.  We had No kids.  After 10 years or so, probably much earlier, it was pretty obvious that we didn't have that much to talk about. I had an office affair, unknown to her, then another.  Different office.  I'm not rude.  Again unknown to her.  Both ended within months, and I should have grown some b******s and ended my marriage.  I didn't and carried on having a good time with my mates, with beer, heading up to Liverpool for home games a lot.  Enjoyed life, but not home life.  Occasionally separate rooms.  I did love her though, or thought I did.  But in reality I was still being 20 years old at 31 or 32.  What I really didn't want was to be alone, and thought I would be if we ever split up....

One evening, she suggested we go out for a meal, which we used to do a lot, but had been doing less frequently.  During the wait between ordering the starters and them ever fecking arriving ffs, she calmly told me that she had been seeing someone else.  For four years.  A married man, with three kids, the oldest a teen.  She was leaving me. He was leaving his wife and that was pretty much that.

I was utterly crushed.  The starters came and they were crap.  I drank nothing that night, then f***ing LOTS, dangerous amounts of spirits, for months and tried one night to jump into the Thames while pissed. My mate physically stopped me.  Or maybe I was playing and I wanted him to and he was less pissed than I was.  So he could and did stop me.

What I really was doing was feeling sorry for myself.  Not seeing reality.  Wallowing in a past that was great but had died years before for me.  And, importantly, for her.  For. Her.

Life was s*** for her.   Life was s*** for her.  Too.

Have a look at yourself.  You haven't made clear whether she is or was aware of your affair.  If she is aware my story to you is irrelevant.  My first wife wasn't.  I don't think.  But hey, she was great at keeping a really long affair from me, and I hadn't a clue.  So maybe she saw my signs and wanted me to be a man and I never was.  So she eventually had the word I should have had.  Or maybe we should have had together, much earlier.  So we split.  I still loved her for a few weeks or months, or maybe I never did at all.

And then someone invented chat rooms.  And I had LOADS of fun for a couple of years.  

You know what to do.  Maybe she wants you to.

Good luck.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you may have gotten the wrong end of the affair bit but I think this is a good post oh and I'm glad your mate stopped you.

Well I did and I didn’t. We were both having affairs at the same time. I was both cowardly in ending my affairs (catholic guilt style), but also in not being honest in our unhappiness with my wife (avoidance).

Avoidance is the worst thing - maybe that’s where Bailo is? I dunno. I could be well off.

And Ta. Me too.

aye earl....makes you realise whats important.

poor sod...he had went back to uni and became a teacher a couplke of years ago, was loving it, then he noticed his memory was getting a bit s***...but since then its been a rapid decline..we thought tumour...hoped for because at least something can be done if its benign (like another mate of ours). not to be

Was up seeing his mum today. She showed me a pic of him with his GCSE class, all smiles, not a care in the world. That was the 10th of May. She was over with him 6 weeks ago, and he was being his typical self (big-hearted, cantankerous unit), he can hardly even speak now.

It's not f*ckin fair!

Edited by Duncan Disorderly

The Scottish boonies. All they do is fish and play golf.

That’s why I’m shacking up with Case when I finally get there.

Everything moves in its own time up there.

I mean Case’s kid is 27, and he’s just off to high school.

Ha ha. No... they have three days before the end of term, their last two weeks in Primary School, to 'integrate' into the high school.

He'll be getting the bus for the first time tomorrow, 55 minutes into town, with 4 other P7's from his school along with hard-core S1 to S6's from other schools. Smokers, Drinkers, Druggies, probably Rangers fans.

Going from a class of 5 to three streams of High School 1st years of 35 pupils plus ...

He's a bit nervous to say the least.

Who loved their first day of High School? Come on, share your stories here. I'll share the best ones with my lad on the way to the bus stop tomorrow....

I got called “A scruff from where those blackies are” and “Oh, I see it talks”.

A few punches later and an admonishment that I’d be caned if it happened again, I had a breeze of a time.

Sounds pretty typical of Bishop of Llandaff. Mostly gobs***es even when I was at the next school over - turned up at ours en-masse one year and got an absolute pasting ;) 

Sounds pretty typical of Bishop of Llandaff. Mostly g*******s even when I was at the next school over - turned up at ours en-masse one year and got an absolute pasting ;)

An astonishing number of d****eads from Rhiwbina and and Whitchurch who’d never met any ethnicity other than their own before. But in those days, BofL drew from Butetown and Grangetown which changed a few years later when it switched to St Teilo’s. Everyone started going to Fitzalan then rather than trekking up to Llanedeyrn.

BofL was a very different school in those days. The rugby matches with St Illtyd’s were bloodbaths as well as with the ones against the teams from out Cowbridge and Ponty way who thought it was OK to use racial epithets. The rugby went out the window at that point.

Edited by New York Red

Was up seeing his mum today. She showed me a pic of him with his GCSE class, all smiles, not a care in the world. That was the 10th of May. She was over with him 6 weeks ago, and he was being his typical self (big-hearted, cantankerous unit), he can hardly even speak now.

It's not f*ckin fair!

good move my man, was thinking of doing the same myself, though what the f*** do you say.

Anyway...apparently theres some radical new treatment for CJD that cured one man last year but didnt for anyone else, our mate is just back from eurodisney and is heading into hospital to begin this treatment.

everything crossed.

Who loved their first day of High School? Come on, share your stories here. I'll share the best ones with my lad on the way to the bus stop tomorrow....

the only things I remember about my first day of secondary was kind of arguing with a teacher that a Plant Fitter was not a made up job title and it was what my dad did, plus kind of hoping I could lose my nickname from primary school and then all these kids who we had played in an inter schools sports competition remembered me and so I was stuck with it for the next five years (i still bump into people who call me it).

My mum says she knew she was in for trouble when I got hit with the ruler on my very first day of P1 in primary school for apparently pouring water into a sandpit after being told not to.