By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Wu Tang Clan

pipnasty

Ok, so I've just finished Will Ashon's absolutely magnificent book about 36 Chambers (maybe one of the best books ever written about hiphop) and I've dug out all of my old Wu Tang vinyl. There was a time during the 90's when it felt like they had just about conquered the entire world and that it would just go on and on and on. 

Favourite Wu Tang? Gotta be GZA, hasn't it? Or Method Man. Or Ghostface. 

So, all Wu Tang related stuff can go in here.

And this - oh boy

Bought the book for my Son in law who is a hip-hop nut.

Hopefully he hasn't bought it by the time Xmas comes along.

Blaming you if its a pile o pish Pip.... :managercontract:

Ok, so I've just finished Will Ashon's absolutely magnificent book about 36 Chambers (maybe one of the best books ever written about hiphop) and I've dug out all of my old Wu Tang vinyl. There was a time during the 90's when it felt like they had just about conquered the entire world and that it would just go on and on and on. 

Favourite Wu Tang? Gotta be GZA, hasn't it? Or Method Man. Or Ghostface. 

So, all Wu Tang related stuff can go in here.

And this - oh boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqme6GKr57U

So is this book worth reading - does it focus on album or group in general?

36 chambers is my joint favourite album along with Pet Sounds :)

As per Wu tang / members albums I also loved Only built for... And liquid swords but didn't quite reach the heights of the 36 chambers.

Thought Tical (loved bring the pain) was weak compared to them even though I did like Method Man -

Favourite Wu tang rappers were deck and GZA with Raekwon close behind. but they were all very good...you could forgive RZA considering the production skills he brought.

So is this book worth reading - does it focus on album or group in general?

The album in general - 36 chapters. But it also places the album in cultural and social context - so things like police brutality, crack, kung fu movies, fatherhood, sampling, the album cover etc. The first chapter covers the 'whistle' that plays through Bring Da Ruckus via the history of the sax, free jazz, James Brown and The Bomb Squad. It's absolutely brilliant. 

The album in general - 36 chapters. But it also places the album in cultural and social context - so things like police brutality, crack, kung fu movies, fatherhood, sampling, the album cover etc. The first chapter covers the 'whistle' that plays through Bring Da Ruckus via the history of the sax, free jazz, James Brown and The Bomb Squad. It's absolutely brilliant.

Cheers will check it out so. Thanks for head up

• 1 month later...