By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The midfield

growler

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone was creaming themselves over Milner a few weeks ago and now he's finished? Himself, Hendo and Gini are all good players but there should only ever be two of them in a three man midfield, they need someone more creative ahead of them.

He wasn’t that good and he’s starting too many games, so his form has suffered.

We should be progressing past the stage of starting both Milner and Gini

We should be progressing past the stage of starting both Milner and Gini

The stage we should be at is that there is only one 8 spot for them to fight for and Keita having nailed it down ahead of them. With Chamberlain vying for the 10 spot next to him, but being kept out by Fekir.

What happened with midfield this season ain't right.

I'm struggling to get away from the thought that Gini is a bit pants and gets away with a load of criticism cos he's not Henderson or Milner.

I’m there, too, but then I think that I’m often harsh on him because of the general lack of creativity in midfield - I appreciated Didi partly because of Gerrard’s tactical flaws but if we had two Hamanns in this team then I’d be similarly frustrated.

We’ve finally sorted out the defence and fullbacks after years and years of mediocrity and then we’ve similar issues in midfield; hopefully Fabinho and Keita accolades are sooner rather than later.

I'm struggling to get away from the thought that Gini is a bit pants and gets away with a load of criticism cos he's not Henderson or Milner.

I think gini is much better when he's not alongside Henderson and milner.. When he plays as the 6 he knows he's the man and so he steps up and is better technically than either of them.. When he plays with those lads I reckon he goes more into his shell and allows them to boss things... Except that gini is the best of the three

I think gini is much better when he's not alongside Henderson and milner.. When he plays as the 6 he knows he's the man and so he steps up and is better technically than either of them.. When he plays with those lads I reckon he goes more into his shell and allows them to boss things... Except that gini is the best of the three

I've no interest in players who go into their shells. Especially not for Hendo and Milner.

I thought he was great, won everything that came near him, kicked who needed to be kicked and was positive in possession.

He's talented but still too slow with and without the ball. Despite the good things today they coasted through our central midfield, so stuff to learn.

He reminds me of when Lucas was first adapting to the pace and physicality of the league.

Hope he keeps progressing as we're gonna need him, and Kieta.

Edited by Flasher