By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Stupid s*** commentators say

If you think about it, it’s quite hard to just talk and sound knowledgeable about something for a prolonged period of time. I’m well-versed in a couple of niche areas, but I couldn’t get hours of ceaseless chat out of them. This is my theory on why they all talk so much s***.

Edited by Stanley Leisure

If you think about it, it’s quite hard to just talk and sound knowledgeable about something for a prolonged period of time. I’m well-versed in a couple of niche areas, but I couldn’t get hours of ceaseless chat out of them. This is my theory on why they all talk so much s***.

My impression is that they manage it on the cricket, on the whole, but that might be because I know far less about cricket than I think I know about football, so I'm less confident about saying that the cricket commentator is talking s***.

My impression is that they manage it on the cricket, on the whole, but that might be because I know far less about cricket than I think I know about football, so I'm less confident about saying that the cricket commentator is talking s***.

Commentary and punditry is much better on NFL too. They don't seem to sneer at players and teams like football pundits do.

McManaman isn't even the sneeriest tbf, he's just really, really annoying. 

They are literallty commenting on a different game every time so they really shouldn't run out of things to say and have to just resort to talking s***e.

Maybe in circket a lot of the really great players, who can actually offer useful insights into technique, strategy etc, go into punditry rather than management/coaching whereas in football the opposite is still true to an extent? Even the really irritating ones in cricket like Vaughan and Swann still have good insights to offer when they stop trying to live up to the personas they are desperate to generate.

But doesn't explain I suppose why someone like Henry was a great player and utterly s***e pundit. Ditto Shearer.

There is always a touch of "You know nothing" disparaging smugness in his voice when on with Kelly Cates and other female presenters on 5live.

I saw Savageput him in his place once by being more stupid than him. It was bizarre but Sutton looked trounced and Savage wasn’t even making sense.

Steve McManaman loves to labour a point. Decent players get away with murder as co-commentators.

I loved him as a player for us but sometimes he’s talking incredulously about something a human being has done and all I can think is “I saw you do that”

Appalling. The forced 'I tell it like it is' persona is infuriating.

Aye. So gammon.

That’s Coogan on Partridge’s commentary pretty much word for word. Don’t think time means you can claim it as your own Stanley Leisure

Commentary and punditry is much better on NFL too. They don't seem to sneer at players and teams like football pundits do.

McManaman isn't even the sneeriest tbf, he's just really, really annoying.

I remember when he first went into it he said he didn’t want to be a moaning cliche