By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Our midfield

Kid Klopp

Cant play Henderson, Milner and Wij in the same team and expect domination.

All good individually, but not enough there between them.

I remember Sky kept posting about what a midfield we were going to have with Fabinho, Keita and Fekir.

That would have been something.

Good enough to get us to a Champions League final though

They saw us go 5-0 against Roma and 3-0 v City

I think it's opposition dependent isn't it? Against a top side Milner's graft really works but in games like yesterday I'm just not sure it's what we need. Same as last week. I think we're going towards picking our most suitable side as opposed to our best side. In that respect I'd say it's probably a big month for Milner given what the next 6 weeks has in store. The ball Salah played to him while far from perfect was really poor on his part. 

Good player Henderson, they all are, just not as a three please, we missing a spark.

Ox balanced it all so well, hopefully Naby can do similar, although ideally you'd have him as the box to box player in there with someone holding and someone (like Ox) in front for balance.

I think it's opposition dependent isn't it? Against a top side Milner's graft really works but in games like yesterday I'm just not sure it's what we need. Same as last week. I think we're going towards picking our most suitable side as opposed to our best side. In that respect I'd say it's probably a big month for Milner given what the next 6 weeks has in store. The ball Salah played to him while far from perfect was really poor on his part.

Yeah to most of that and out of everyone I’m the most pissed off at the negligence/calculation which lead to us not bringing a player to plug the £140mill hole in the fantasy department.

But Milner and Henderson together in midfield will on many occasions continue to be exactly the route home.

I don't think there was much wrong with Milner's performance. If he were 10 years younger, we'd be building the team around him. Of this lot, he's the one who has the best blending of playing while looking forward and grafting.

It's a problem when he's our most creative midfielder though. Shouldn't be asked to be that guy.

I don't think there was much wrong with Milner's performance. If he were 10 years younger, we'd be building the team around him. Of this lot, he's the one who has the best blending of playing while looking forward and grafting.

It's a problem when he's our most creative midfielder though. Shouldn't be asked to be that guy.

Thingy went back to his ineffective self. There’s no way of telling when he’ll be ace or back to yesterday. He’s deffo at his best when he’s scampering. Best scamperer we have.

This is it though, it's not so much that there was anything wrong with it, more that is what he's bringing to the table quite what you need? 

I’m away games the problem with Milner, and Hendo....is Gini

To a lesser extent, and Hendo’s fitness notwithstanding, the problem with Gini is Milner

And so on

Obv it’s a case of horses for courses but sometimes there are extra issues and yesterday we had two:

Henderson isn’t quite match fit and Gini frequently delivers this kind of below par away performance

That being the case I think we should have made the subs earlier, same as against Brighton, in order to try to change the narrative...which happened when we eventually brought the subs on

I think we’re particularly able to do this now because of the Calibre of player we can bring on these days in MF compared to how we ended last season, and should use those options

compare that to upfront where I think Sturridge is absolutely no substitute for Firmino unless we alter our pattern of play

So was Karius.

Even his biggest supporter wouldn’t claim he had any bearing on us reaching the final

He made mistakes in all 4 of the quarter and semi finals that went unpunished whereas Milner and Henderson were largely bloody brilliant

Yeah to most of that and out of everyone I’m the most pissed off at the negligence/calculation which lead to us not bringing a player to plug the £140mill hole in the fantasy department.

But Milner and Henderson together in midfield will on many occasions continue to be exactly the route home.

Yep to all that

• 1 month later...

This "two 8s and a 6" thing isn't working well enough and it never will. It's too damn negative. You can't expect 3 players to do all the good stuff in the final third. Keita wasn't meant to be that player and Lallana shouldn't be relied on to be it on a regular basis either. We're playing with an obvious gap in the team.

We might have enough going for us to get through the next batch of fixtures to compensate, but this is basically what we're looking at till January - coming up with ways to be good enough in other departments to compensate for the gap between midfield and attack.

We lack creativity in midfield as had been painfully obvious for a while. It’s a huge gap and it needs filling. Whether we can do that in January is very debatable. I don’t expect us to do anything until next summer

So in the meantime Keita needs to up his game quickly and get adjusted to the pace here. Be nice if Fabinho could show why Klopp wanted him too