By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

ebay question

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

Sold a pair of shoes Mrs Macca had worn once that she was given by a designer. Sold on last week - buyer didn't pay. Ebay opened an unpaid item case, they had till tonight to pay. Experience says they never pay if they haven't within 2 days. So I offered them to someone else who paid. Now I get home & both have paid...

There's only a $2 difference so the 'higher' bidder makes no difference. I took an educated chance & it backfired - what do you reckon, who gets them? And how do I smooth it over with the other?

Send one shoe to each buyer, everyone is happy

:yes: 

How late exactly was the first payer? And did you stipulate in your listing that late payment beyond x number of days would not be tolerated?

5 days - basically after 2 days ebay opens an unpaid item case giving the buyer 4 more days, those 4 would have expired today, they paid late yesterday. I didn't stipulate any time but ebay doesn't give a s*** about that stuff. Ebay basically doesn't give a s*** about anything

• 2 years later...

I f***ing hate eBay. Sold some bits and pieces last December, one in particular was to an annoying person in Italy who emailed me straight after to say that they saw that I didn’t ship there (I did) and could they cancel. Went back and forth (using Google translate) to walk them through the process of paying for it - they had feedback of over 200, they were clearly feigning ignorance to get me to give up.

Anyway, they’ve just emailed me to say it didn’t arrive (in perfect English). Didn’t send it recorded, just standard airmail so there’s f*** all I can do, and it’s only £30 but I KNOW I’m being scammed. C*nts. 

Edited by Stanley Leisure

• 1 year later...

If you use PayPal goods and services to buy off a private seller can you still be scammed, or will you always get the money back if the goods don't turn up, or are damaged?

I seen an advert on Facebook marketplace and sent a message. The person said it was his da selling it and took my email. His da emailed from what looks like a work email address. I wanted to know where he lived so I could collect it and he said he'd post it. It all sounds good except it's at least 200 quid cheaper than it should be and he seems very keen to sell and deliver it to me.

On 04/02/2022 at 21:45, PaulMcC186 said:

I recently bought a turntable for a price I thought was far too cheap.

Do you know anything about PayPal goods and services?

You do get some protection through 'goods and services', which you don't get through the friends and family option. All the Facebook groups I used to use said to use goods and services.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

You do get some protection through 'goods and services', which you don't get through the friends and family option. All the Facebook groups I used to use said to use goods and services.

Cheers. It seems like friends and family offers no protection. I'll never use that if someone asks.

• 6 months later...

Just sold my unused PS4 and a baby carrier on eBay. Both sellers have paid but eBay are holding my money for 2 weeks (!!), to ensure the buyer gets the item and it works. Its probably because I don't sell much on ebay and the PS4 sold for decent whack but what's to stop both buyers getting the item then claiming its faulty?

At least the Ps4 person wants to pick up in person tomorrow and see it working, so they seem as worried as I am about being scammed. 

9 hours ago, Earl Hafler said:

I think the two weeks is a maximum - If you've sent them tracked and entered the details payment then will be quicker

Ok cheers. Also apparently I need to verify my bank account again with some microdeposits that haven't shown up yet

• Like 1