By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Kiev

lfc4eva99

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm planning on going.... Not got tickets but got two qualified memberships for the ballot.... Going to crack on in morning and try and sort travel

Though I won't be looking on hanging about.... Probably a 24/36 hour trip for me

Edited by Barnesy_10

I’m trying to work it out. It’s going to be a tough call to get there. $4000 for flights alone. Does anyone know the best airline from over there to get to Kiev? I’m planning on getting to somewhere in Europe by Friday night and then want to hook up with a flight. The best I can find right now is going through Minsk.

I’m can stay with my daughters boyfriends family so that is sorted.

Keep a close eye on booking.com and AirBnB - Think we had something like 23 reservations for the 5 rooms at our place for the CL final last year & as various teams got knocked out we'd get cancellations and rebooks within minutes of each other. You've just got to get lucky 

As always, UEFA pick cities that have a nice stadium but not enough hotel capacity, then double down on that by booking out all the good places for the "UEFA family" well before the teams are known. 

Edited by Gethin

Starting journey in Geneva:

Am toying with flying into Lviv and getting sleeper in on Friday night /Sat am skipping hotel Sat night  :notrelatedtoanyforummember2:  and train back to Lviv Sunday 14:00. Night there then flight back on the Monday.

FYI This route is sound.. its been suggested by colleague whose wife's hometown in Lviv. Its the second biggest city in Ukraine. (and yes I do know I am talking to myself ;)

Edited by Senrab_nhoj

Warsaw or Krakow in Poland with an overnight sleeper would be an option as well. More details on Seat61 which is excellent for train travel advice 

https://www.seat61.com/Ukraine.htm

Edit: Reading on Vienna would be an option too 

Would be additional visas for me since I'm from India. May not have enough time left to apply and wait for the consulates. Ukraine is a visa on arrival :)

There's about 30000-35000 fans probably with all the home credits?

10500 tickets for fans, 5000/6000 to go to people with at least one away credit. Leaves about 5000 ballot tickets from probably at least 20000 applicants - presume some will be put off by the cost and travel. So chances in ballot probably 1/4 or 1/5

And the tickets that will be left will be the 290 or 400 quid ones

Edited by Sion

There's about 30000-35000 fans probably with all the home credits?

10500 tickets for fans, 5000/6000 to go to people with at least one away credit. Leaves about 5000 ballot tickets from probably at least 20000 applicants - presume some will be put off by the cost and travel. So chances in ballot probably 1/4 or 1/5

And the tickets that will be left will be the 290 or 400 quid ones

yay for the working class game!!! 

How did you get tickets?

They are already on resale sights. 

...and £760 for the Thomas Cook day trip flight.

is it that much? Wowsers!!  so call it 1k+ to go and watch a game of football. 

Some people have got more money than sense.

I qualify for the ballot but will be entering for a friend, I can't afford to spend minimum 1200 quid on watching a game of football. Basel cost me 500 quid and that was bad enough.

Some people have got more money than sense.

I qualify for the ballot but will be entering for a friend, I can't afford to spend minimum 1200 quid on watching a game of football. Basel cost me 500 quid and that was bad enough.

Same here. I can't justify it. I am not working at the moment and I am going on holiday on the 30th. I'd love to go but there's too munch month left at the end of the money!!

Ryanair from Manc to Frankfurt and Ukrainian Airlines from Frankfurt to Kiev = about £230

But my brother lives in Frankfurt so I can break the journey up

Sleeper train on the way home though

To Budapest, Krakow or Warsaw

Gonna be an 8 day trip this