By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

AS Roma (h) - Tue 24/4 7.45 pm

Kid Klopp

My first ever match thread.

We've played 5 games against roma, won 3 and lost 1. The last time we faced them was back in 2001, where Houllier famously made his comeback to Anfield after his heart operation.

Roma are in a similar league position to us - Sitting 4th with 60 points after 31 games, 20 points from the top spot.

Looking at goals for and against in the league+CL, Roma have scored 65 and conceded 38, compared to liverpool who have scored 108 and conceded 42, having played two games less.

Up front, Edin Džeko is the one to watch with 20 goals for the season so far. Their next most prolific is  El Shaarawy with 8. A fair bit away from Salah at 39 and Firmino on 24.

Other comparisons: Strootman is a starter for them in midfield - He is being kept out the Netherlands team by Wijnaldum though.

Last time we played them was in 2002. It indeed was the day GH made his return to the bench. Litmanen (pen) and Heskey scored and we won 2-0. 

Plenty of time to cook up an illness.

Haha, maybe, but I'm meant to be presenting in that meeting. Annoying thing is that my wife is going away on the Wednesday (day after 1st leg) and coming back the next Tuesday, so I need to be home those days (and the days in between) to watch the kids - that would have been perfect excuse to work from home had we been the Wed-Tues instead of Tuesday Wednesday. Not sure I'll be able to stretch being out of the office from Tuesday to the following Wed.

It's our 40th wedding anniversary today. I gave my wife a nice necklace and earrings, as you do, and she handed me a plain, white envelope. I opened it and she's only bought me a hospitality ticket for the Roma home game, the wonderful woman.

No idea how she managed to get one online as she's not usually the most tech savvy. Rip-off price from the club of course, £300 gets you a meal at a hotel in town, coach to the ground, a programme and a seat in the Upper Anny. But I'm made up and I'm booking flights and accommodation now.  I haven't been to a CL game since Real Madrid 4-0 in 2009. Similar result will do nicely.