By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Carra

Cobs

This whole story is terrible, shows banter up for what it is.

Agree. The ‘it’s just banter isn’t it’ quotes from the dad are grim.

As is the glee in his voice when he says ‘Jamie Carragher just spat at us’.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree. The ‘it’s just banter isn’t it’ quotes from the dad are grim.

As is the glee in his voice when he says ‘Jamie Carragher just spat at us’.

I'd say he thinks it's the best thing that ever happened to him

Sky have released a statement saying “It’s unacceptable behaviour and we will be addressing it with Jamie.” so it sounds like he still has a job

For now. Expecting him to be given the boot tbh

I’m not sure how he survives that when two blokes were binned for sexist comments made off air. He’s spat across if not at a young girl. Like it or not spitting is seen as abhorrent even in comparison to physically attacking someone; it’s not uncommon for people to claim they’d rather be punched than spat on.

Him and Neville are just about the most popular analysis pundits going, particularly as a pair, and so Sky are not really going to want to get rid. However that statement reads as if they are seeing how things play out before giving him the chop. I’m sure he will be gone by the weeks end if not the days end because the exaggerated outrage is in full swing already. I’d expect a statement today from the Police too whether that’s in relation to having received no complaint or confirming one of common assault has been made.

He’s a goner.

I'd say he thinks it's the best thing that ever happened to him

The daughter saying 'will you stop' is genuinely sad. Even before Carra spat she was saying it. 

I’m not sure how he survives that when two blokes were binned for sexist comments made off air. He’s spat across if not at a young girl. Like it or not spitting is seen as abhorrent even in comparison to physically attacking someone; it’s not uncommon for people to claim they’d rather be punched than spat on.

Those people are idiots though.

"I'd rather get punched/ take a broken leg than be spat on". 

Course you would.

Still madness from Carra though. An insane reaction. Just drive on. 

I suppose it depends on the punch doesn’t it. I’d rather get a bloody lip than spit in my mouth but then again I’d rather be covered head to toe in a greenie than in a coma.

Ha. Sounds fair!

Spitting is obviously disgusting but it always seems like one of those peculiar British things. Something Shearer would say. 

He will be sacked. He should be sacked. This is really poor from Jamie. Sorry doesn’t cut it. There’s no excuse. And all this over a game of footy? FFS. People are murdered and bombed all over the world ISIS and everything, but a defeat at Old Trafford and suddendly Carras turns Lama. Doesn’t he have kids and stuff himself? How will he explain this? And what kind of example does he set for young fans all over the world? I mean. I’d done something similiar if some Manc t*** did this to me, but I’m not a worldwide celebrity and role model, not yet anyway. But to loose your s*** like that in front of a camera, well jobs gone mate.

Edited by NabyKeita2018

Him and Neville are just about the most popular analysis pundits going, particularly as a pair, and so Sky are not really going to want to get rid. However that statement reads as if they are seeing how things play out before giving him the chop. I’m sure he will be gone by the weeks end if not the days end because the exaggerated outrage is in full swing already. I’d expect a statement today from the Police too whether that’s in relation to having received no complaint or confirming one of common assault has been made.

He’s a goner.

kirsty Gallacher wasn't sacked after getting a two years ban for drink driving

Sky make it up as they go

Be a weird moral compass to not sack someone for drink driving and sack someone for spitting.

Not how it works in this day an age though, is it?

Social media campaign to get Carra fired in full swing already.

Very few people would have asked Sky to sack Kirsty Gallacher, advertisers and sponsors wouldn’t have been too concerned about the misdemeanour

Team allegiances, the fact Carra has been caught on video could force Sky to react differently

Yes, think with Gray and Keys they wanted them gone, hence the leaks of these videos/audio

Yeah, that all seemed planned ( possibly even by someone of authority at Sky ) Edited by Earl Hafler

Very few people would have asked Sky to sack Kirsty Gallacher, advertisers and sponsors wouldn’t have been too concerned.

Team allegiances, the fact Carra has been caught on video could force Sky to react differently

Another SSN presenter got done for drink driving, kept her job. Ray Wilkins has been done more than once and is still a regular on Sky.