By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Tommy Cockles

30 minutes ago, Alonso said:

It may be part of it but it’s not the whole story. You only have to look at Fabinho, new position nearly always a different person alongside and in front of him yet performing brilliantly. Whatever the reason is his confidence seems shot right now and can’t even do the simple things right. Hopefully klopp and the rest of the coaching staff can work with him one way or another to help him get back into the form we know he’s capable of as he’s such a key player in the way we’re set up.

He looks shell shocked at times and there didn’t appear to be any reaction (annoyance, determination, apology to team mates etc) to his mistake that lead to the saints goal. 

He's not in good form but I think it's different for an attacking player, which Trent is, compared to someone playing centre back. If he's used to constantly having a certain a pass on and there's no one there, like Monday, he'll misplace more passes.

Fernandes and De Bruyne misplace loads of passes and crosses too cos they're trying to create.

He looked really annoyed with himself when he was taken off.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

He's not in good form but I think it's different for an attacking player, which Trent is, compared to someone playing centre back. If he's used to constantly having a certain a pass on and there's no one there, like Monday, he'll misplace more passes.

Fernandes and De Bruyne misplace loads of passes and crosses too cos they're trying to create.

He looked really annoyed with himself when he was taken off.

Spot on, fwiw Nat Phillips had the most passes and the second highest rates in terms of successful passes against Newcastle

2 hours ago, PaulMcC186 said:

Not having Henderson coming over to the right to bridge gap between him and Salah seems to be making him play really speculative passes more. 

I feel sorry for him at times. When he was getting the ball the other night often there was f*** all on and he's forcing it

It's not so much the long attacking passes being misplaced that's a worry it's the simple short passes he's misplacing, the number of times he seems to be rushed and harried off the ball and his seemingly not fully committed efforts to challenge/block passes. 

He's brilliant and will come good again but he really looks like he needs a rest or something. 

Since his debut, he’s been on a constant upward trajectory. Impossible to stay there. All young players go through a dip. He’ll come through it - he’s too good and sensible and so much support around him not to. And he’ll be better for it too. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, growler said:

Since his debut, he’s been on a constant upward trajectory. Impossible to stay there. All young players go through a dip. He’ll come through it - he’s too good and sensible and so much support around him not to. And he’ll be better for it too. 

Absolutely. He's had 4 different centre halfs play alongside in recent weeks as well.

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

We knew this. Why is it relevant? Has he suggested he's not fully recovered?

It's probably been posted already but Lampard was going on about how the players at Chelsea who have long Covid are really struggling

They still don't really know what long term effect Covid is having on people. I saw an American doc on twitter the other day saying he's seen loads of people who had recovered and who didn't have severe symptoms when infected presenting to his office with lung damage worse than any smoker he's seen. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think the forward's have been most inconvenienced by Virgil's absence, particularly whilst Thiago was out - Trent has been shyte and yet Robbo has been very good on the left.

Where Trent's game has been affected most is the lack of assistance from a midfielder runner, because Hendo has been covering deep whilst Fabinho has played centre half

Im sure the club have x-rayed Trents lungs, its not long covid (i'd be beyond surprised), if he had long covid he wouldn't be able to train let alone run for 90mins. Any of the people i know with long Covid struggle to walk beyond 10-20yrds without needing to sit down for a breather. Trent is playing 90+ mins of football, i just cant see how its the cause but im not an expert so...

Hard to understand just how Trent could have got this bad. A lot of our play is set up to give him space for the final ball and he’s getting it, but he can barely even kick the ball cleanly. He’s scuffing and dragging it all the time, and this is one of the most technically gifted players on the planet. It’s really weird.