By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Board games for the family at Christmas

Senrab_nhoj

How many players? 

If you're after a party game for at least 4 players (6+ better) try Codenames (there's a bunch of different versions). Ticket To Ride is pretty classic and not too complicated. Pandemic is a bit more modern and is co-operative rather than competitive. 

Johnny Human Torch always perks the day up.

Seriously, have you thought about going out and trying an escape room?

We are frequent visitors and escapees of the one in Liverpool.....  This is for the post Christmas day days in. The reclaimed fireplace is being fitted into our front room today. So after my redecoration efforts we are bloody making use of the room as a family even if I have to lock the door.

We enjoy Cranium, mixed up bag of pictionary, trivial pursuit and the like, with progress tracked on a board so minimally a board game.

Stil enjoy Cluedo the odd time too, when you don't want to be too focused on stuff other than drinking and eating nuts.

Has anyone played Risk? My friend seems to love it but the idea of it seems a bit boring to me

Played quite a few times, can be very long but we use it as a way to have a proper catch up and laugh. Depending on how serious you take it, does require concentration and is tactical.

I like cranium - its a mixture of charades, pictionary etc and a great laugh.