By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Tours of other grounds

downunder

A guy in Aus is travelling to England and will be in Manchester for a few days. He has asked on the local FB page if he should do a tour of Old Trafford.

The amount of abuse he is getting unreal for even contemplating it. I wouldn't do the tour, but I can see the 'appeal' for a tourist.

Would any of you go?

i did the anfield tour with some family about 10 years back and on the tour was a man united fan with his liverpool supporting wife from Ireland... he got banter from everyone (mainly the guide) throughout the tour but to be fair to the lad he genuinely looked interested in the tour and took it well

I personally wouldn't go to another PL ground for a tour (only to spectate a match), but as a tourist I could understand to some extent why you would. 

i did the anfield tour with some family about 10 years back and on the tour was a man united fan with his liverpool supporting wife from Ireland... he got banter from everyone (mainly the guide) throughout the tour but to be fair to the lad he genuinely looked interested in the tour and took it well

I personally wouldn't go to another PL ground for a tour (only to spectate a match), but as a tourist I could understand to some extent why you would.

I am with you 100%.

A guy in Aus is travelling to England and will be in Manchester for a few days. He has asked on the local FB page if he should do a tour of Old Trafford.

The amount of abuse he is getting unreal for even contemplating it. I wouldn't do the tour, but I can see the 'appeal' for a tourist.

Would any of you go?

Is he a liverpool fan?

He is a Liverpool fan, I don't know him, and unsure how 'much of a fan he is'.

In that case he deserves the abuse

Probably the type of fan who would've bought a liverpool united half&half scarf

I "broke in" to Stamford Bridge once. 

When I say "broke in" it was the summer and they were relaying the pitch so it was all opened up so me and a mate just walked in and had a wander around. All I remember was that the graffiti in the concourse under one of the stands was obsessed with David Beckham and various sex acts that they all seemed to have performed on Victoria - this would have been about 1998-ish 

I "broke in" to Stamford Bridge once. 

A couple of us broke in to the Nou Camp when we were on a school trip to Barcelona, 6th form I think. Walked right round the top for an hour or so, smoked a bit of weed, threw stones at people below, pissed over some seats and then, later on, my mate Evo saw Gary Lineker and told him that he was a 'blues***e c***' and that he was gonna knock him out there and then. Happy days!

A couple of us broke in to the Nou Camp when we were on a school trip to Barcelona, 6th form I think. Walked right round the top for an hour or so, smoked a bit of weed, threw stones at people below, pissed over some seats and then, later on, my mate Evo saw Gary Lineker and told him that he was a 'blues**** c***' and that he was gonna knock him out there and then. Happy days!

:banghead:  :banghead: 

Got booked onto a seminar in Manc by my boss cos he couldn't be arsed going. Fine I thought, 2 days out of the office and a free piss up in the evening. Only found out the day before that it was all at Old Trafford.

I politely declined the free stadium tour but did manage to gob on the pitch

I get why a Liverpool fan would potentially do all of those (though I reckon I could only be arsed with the Nou Camp, Westfalen and San Siro personally), bar Old Trafford. That I just don't get at all.

My brother was doing it and had a spare ticket. I just found it interesting. My brother told the tour guide that I was a Liverpool fan early doors and he tried to give me a bit of a kicking about it when we got to the Premier League trophies. It was back in about 2007ish so the comebacks were easy. Wouldn't do it now!

I think I'd do a tour of any big stadium given the chance regardless of whose ground it is. There's always this sort of air of mystery about all of the rooms and corridors under the stands where you don't get to know what's going on from a normal match day experience.

Why would any Liverpool fan pay money to see what i can only imagine is some sort of shrine to Alex Ferguson. 'look at all our trophies and all these pictures of Rooney/Giggs/Keane.' yeah what a great day out that'd be.

At the time it was a shrine to not having as many league titles or European Cups as Liverpool, so happy days.

only tours I have done, are Anfield and Wembley, walked into Notts County's ground once and got a tour from the groundsman, Aberdeen's ground was across the road from one of warehouses (old company I worked from) and you could walk in there and have a nose around during the week as the main gates were open.