By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Window Speculation

Ombudsam

Suarez just did some bad stuff that meant that we had to get shot of him.

Coutinho moped around the place and forced his way out. That was not cool. Mascherano and Torres did something similar.

Suarez didn’t want to play when arsenal put the bid in. It was 2013 when we were in Melbourne he acted like Coutinho.

And Alonso. And Mascherano.

And Gerrard, to an extent.

If he wants to come back and can convince Jurgen his head is right, bring him back.

It’s why Lallana is playing deeper , to accomodate Phil!

Suarez just did some bad stuff that meant that we had to get shot of him.

Coutinho moped around the place and forced his way out. That was not cool. Mascherano and Torres did something similar.

Wasn't he motm and scored two goals in his last game for us?

He might have been a wee bit sulky, but that half season he had before his move, he was our best player, credit where it's due.

I'd have him back in a heart beat.

Just one hug from the big man, and all would be rosey in the garden again.

Only question for me is if Phil would disrupt the team spirit given his exit. If the players can accept the lure of Barca, the only question really is whether his presence in the squad would make us more likely to win points. As it surely would, if Klopp were happy with it, I'd be delighted.

He loves a goal v City too.

From bbc gossip page

Barcelona midfielder Philippe Coutinho, 27, has given his approval to a deal which would see him join former club Liverpool on a two-year loan deal with an option for the Reds to buy the Brazil international for £88m. (Calciomercato - in Italian)

I've no issue with Coutinho from a mentality, bridge burning perspective. I hated him when he did the trasfer request 24 hours before Watford but i'm over it. I'm not convinced though that he suits our main formation, which only really began after he left

If Klopp see's him fitting in then i'm 100% behind it

From bbc gossip page

Barcelona midfielder Philippe Coutinho, 27, has given his approval to a deal which would see him join former club Liverpool on a two-year loan deal with an option for the Reds to buy the Brazil international for £88m. (Calciomercato - in Italian)

Wanna believe it but an Italian source about a Brazillian transferring from a Spanish Club to an English club wouldn't scream ITK to me

Klopp was asked about signing a LB after the games yesterday:

"We will see. It's not a yes, not a no," said Klopp after a 3-1 victory over Bradford.

"I have said already we have to think about everything and at the end maybe we do nothing.

"I can imagine we have a look at all the things around us. Of course, we lost a left-back (in Moreno) but today we saw two pretty young ones, and James (Milner) played it. We will see."

From bbc gossip page

It’s nothing of real substance though, says he’s more likely to go to PSG:

Philippe Coutinho is leaving Barcelona and, as is known, could end up at Paris Saint-Germain as part of the Neymar affair. Speaking of sensational returns, for the Brazilian former playmaker Inter but also to Liverpool.

According to an exclusive review by Calciomercato.it, the 'Reds' are trying in a concrete manner to take back the prodigal son who exploded at the highest levels at 'Anfield Road' after a brief apprenticeship in Europe with the Nerazzurri and Espanyol.

Coutinho, however, has already given his approval on the return just a year and a half later in the club that won the last Champions League, to work again with Klopp. For now the British have put on the table a two-year loan proposal with a purchase option set at 88 million pounds.

The offer seems that at the moment does not attract Barca very much, evidently more likely to sell the class '92 outright or in any case to use it as a pawn to embrace compatriot Neymar.

His agent saying he still has feelings for LFC was interesting though. Those ba5tards (especially that one) don’t say anything without there being some sort of agenda.

If Klopp wants him back then I don’t see there being a problem within the squad. Most of our players have forced through a move at some time in their careers. It’s just how football is.

Yeah, makes sense he goes to PSG as any part of the Neymar deal.

I'd like him back here but can't see Jurgen having him back

What about Dembele to PSG as part of a Neymar deal - plays same position, is French and links well with Mbappe in the national team. Surely that makes more sense to PSG (and Barca)?

I don't really think Coutinho is coming back to us, but he hasn't got many options which probably explains the flirting from his agent

VVD must have been around that?

Was 26 at the time and in a position where you can legitimately expect another 8-10 years out of the player

Phil's a year older and plays a role where you'd expect a player's influence to start to fade at a younger age.

I'd be pleased to see him back with us - I just don't see it happening

Edited by Gethin

Phils agent just interviewed on talksport.. Very ambiguous.. President of barca says there's no plans to move him on, but if he goes to England it's be very difficult to go anywhere other than Liverpool who are still in his heart.. If a big deal happens it will be difficult...

Def did not rule out any prospect, but you have to wonder what his interest is in going so public on this.. What is the most self serving angle on this for the agent and Phil?

Phils agent just interviewed on talksport.. Very ambiguous.. President of barca says there's no plans to move him on, but if he goes to England it's be very difficult to go anywhere other than Liverpool who are still in his heart.. If a big deal happens it will be difficult...

Def did not rule out any prospect, but you have to wonder what his interest is in going so public on this.. What is the most self serving angle on this for the agent and Phil?

He wants a move, but doesn't want to ask for a transfer so not to lose any bonus

Simple as that really