By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer Window Speculation

Ombudsam

1 hour ago, Jarg Armani said:

Andy Cole was a sensation, scored tonnes of goals his whole career. What level of Andy Cole is Rashford at? Newcastle? Man United?

Post-leg break one that was a good player but generally just a smidge below the level required from a starting striker for where united was aiming to be, treble season shenanigans excepted.

39 minutes ago, kop205 said:

They'd better go bust as a result of this or I'm coming for Hightown Phil.

KAMF's post hit the nail on the head the other day. There's always an excuse to not spend. 

I'm hoping they're just waiting for fans to get back so they can then justify spending on transfers in light of the furlough mess. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sion said:

KAMF's post hit the nail on the head the other day. There's always an excuse to not spend. 

I'm hoping they're just waiting for fans to get back so they can then justify spending on transfers in light of the furlough mess. 

Well yeah of course that’s what they’re waiting for. Some certainty. Some level of normality. Guarantees. 

4 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Well yeah of course that’s what they’re waiting for. Some certainty. Some level of normality. Guarantees. 

Why aren't Man Utd waiting for some certainty before signing Sancho. Or Chelsea before signing Havertz? 

Just now, Sion said:

Why aren't Man Utd waiting for some certainty before signing Sancho. Or Chelsea before signing Havertz? 

No idea. Probably that when different people have to guess in situations nobody has any idea of cos it’s so unprecedented they come up with different approaches. 

Just now, Hightown Phil said:

No idea. Probably that when different people have to guess in situations nobody has any idea of cos it’s so unprecedented they come up with different approaches. 

And FSG just happen to come up with not spending anything again.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

If we don't sign anyone then that's two years on the run we have thrown away a huge opportunity whilst our stock couldn't be higher. 

If they sign Thiago then brilliant... But we need more and seeing our competitors signing the quality they have is making me uncomfortable

1 minute ago, psl said:

And FSG just happen to come up with not spending anything again.

It's amazing, isn't it? Not very different to non-Covid times unless we've sold someone.

1 minute ago, Stanley Leisure said:

I do think Harvey Elliot is going to be very good.

Probably not next season though.

It concerns me that if we leave another window without signing anybody we are looking at major rebuild in a couple of seasons rather than an ongoing churn of players to keep everything fresh

1 minute ago, Hightown Phil said:

Maybe it’s wrong. Maybe the others are wrong. Maybe they’re both wrong. I don’t know and neither does anyone else. If you can say with certainty what we should do then fair play. 

I know we've been over this before. But say United are wrong to be spending this money on Sancho, then what happens? They just can't spend loads for a few windows into the future? So exactly what we've done recently? Except they've got 4 of the best young forwards in the game. So they probably don't need to spend that much anyway. 

They're not going bust are they? TV money is still going to come in. It's 'only' match day revenue they're missing out on really.

Just now, Sion said:

I know we've been over this before. But say United are wrong to be spending this money on Sancho, then what happens? They just can't spend loads for a few windows into the future? So exactly what we've done recently? Except they've got 4 of the best young forwards in the game. So they probably don't need to spend that much anyway. 

They're not going bust are they? TV money is still going to come in. It's 'only' match day revenue they're missing out on really.

They could have to sell someone to balance their books to pass FFP. Like say, Pogba and then not be able to replace him.

17 minutes ago, LicK said:

Probably not next season though.

True

16 minutes ago, RBM said:

It concerns me that if we leave another window without signing anybody we are looking at major rebuild in a couple of seasons rather than an ongoing churn of players to keep everything fresh

Also true.

Edited by Stanley Leisure

Just now, Earl Hafler said:

There's no way FFP is implemented during this pandemic 

It will be to some extent. If you fail by spending beyond your means on footballers you’ll fall foul of it. If you fail because you go over a year without selling a ticket to your ground you won’t.