By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome (2018) Naby Keita

Falconhoof

All I can think of is partridge:)

Michael: Way-Aye! Hey, this one time, right. I was stationed oot in Belize, right, and I had this little macaque monkey as a pet, right. And one day, I came back to me tent, right, and it had eaten all me fags. So I picked it up, and I threw it in the sea.

Alan: You threw a monkey in the sea?

Michael: Well, he’d eaten all me fags, man. You know, it was a big packet of 200 duty-frees, like.

Alan: You threw a monkey in the sea. That’s awful. I was fishing for some sort of funny story. That’s just upsetting.

Michael: Well, you know, I wasn’t thinking straight, right. I just kind of got the red mist in front of me eyes and just grabbed the monkey and hoyed it in the sea.

Alan: Will you stop saying you threw your monkey in the sea. All I can see is a monkey spinning towards the water.

Michael: Well, it didn’t go straight into the water, it bounced of a rock.

Alan: Oh, Michael! That’s such a pointless death. At least when they experiment on them, they sort of get something out of it. Nice perfume or something

Chuckling away reading this, far more than I should given I've seen the scene hundreds of times.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with Keita is lack of professionalism. He had known about liverpool move for a year and yet did not learn to speak English. He was pretty poor yesterday

He's been s*** but this is b******s. The language barrier is not responsible for his meekness on the pitch. He's clearly lacking confidence and perhaps the left side of a three doesn't suit him but he needs to step it up big time as Ox will be straight into the team in front of him once he's back again.

A major issue with Keita is he’s playing out of position.

His skill set is suited to playing centrally in tight spaces, using his low centre of gravity to create a yard and threading passes, not wide left in open spaces.

His game isn’t suited to running at and beating defenders outside in one on one situations. Klopp just doesn’t trust him centrally yet. He should be playing where Firmino is.

It feels like he’s just shoehorning him in out there to give him game time at the moment. Naby looks a bit lost out there though. It’ll be next season before we see his best.

Edited by Leo No.8

He looked horribly uncomfortable in that position yesterday and seems to be lacking confidence. I know he's not a flyer but he looked slow at times. I do think it is the physical side of things that is the struggle at the moment and I'm still backing him to come good but yeah, it is looking more like next season now.

I didn’t think he was poor yesterday, he wasn’t great but he wasn’t poor either.

It was a decent pass to Bobby for 2-1 so he had an assist at least.

He can do much better & that’s the important thing, he can do much better. Something needs to “click” for sure, but if it does there’s huge potential there.

He looks a bit s*** so far but he obv has the potential to be a world beater

But it does look like he needs to be central and I’m not sure that’s ‘acceptable’

Even Coutinho was able to play nominally left so maybe we’ll just have to persevere until he learns the position

Otherwise we’re talking about, say Man City away and the like with the usual front three and Keita central behind them

Is that likely?

I know he's not a flyer but he looked slow at times. 

There was one on the counter where he had Firmino to his right. Perfect situation for him but it looked like he was running in sand. It's probably hesitation more than a lack of pace and as you say, he's lacking confidence. Definitely didn't look this timid for Leipzig.

I didn’t think he was poor yesterday, he wasn’t great but he wasn’t poor either.

It was a decent pass to Bobby for 2-1 so he had an assist at least.

He can do much better & that’s the important thing, he can do much better. Something needs to “click” for sure, but if it does there’s huge potential there.

Yeah I didn’t see the game live but read bits of the match thread and it sounded like he was having a mare - but having now watched the whole game, I didn't think he played too badly - he was a bit lacklustre at times nothing disastrous.

Yeah but when he had the ball he generally moved it on OK and the pass for Firmino to score was decent.

He does look a bit like he's not sure of his role at times.

Yeah can see that. And still looks shocked at the physicality. 

I'm sure he'll be fine but I wouldn't be starting him again any time soon.

Thought he was way too conservative in possession.

Yeah there were maybe a few too many square or passes back but not as many misplaced ones as in other performances from him.

Far from perfect display but not as bad as some were implying in the match thread.

I don't understand what we were doing with the formation. Keita and Mane both looked out of it playing out of position. Mane woke up once he got back to the left. Keita is clearly not a left winger.

Been a lot of these line ups this season that seem to ask more questions than they answer.