By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Rate the ref - Anthony Taylor - Watford (A) 12 Aug

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

Anthony Taylor - Watford (A)  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Marks out of 10

• I don't care

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was not a penalty. Mignolet got the ball. He was penalised for a miskick.

The context refereeing statement from TAW folks is interesting. Each decision he made was at some pivotal point of the game and often changed the fabric of what should have been a comfortable away win.

But it’s also related to our weak defence and the panic which invariably ensues from any cross or freekick put near the penalty spot, so they become pivotal points

Vardy is that much of a c*** that he often prefers to win a free kick and see the defender cautioned, rather than win possession. He times it perfectly, forces contact like Pires did and takes a well honed tumble

Pen is debatable.

Minge gets a touch, and if a defender did that in the game, ref wouldn't have given everything.

Can see why he gave it, but was wrong, in my opinion.

The rest of the game, was one of the worst officionating I've seen in a while.

Worst since he reffed us up at Sunderland last Christmas? He's corrupt.

Pen is debatable.

Minge gets a touch, and if a defender did that in the game, ref wouldn't have given everything.

But it’s also related to our weak defence and the panic which invariably ensues from any cross or freekick put near the penalty spot, so they become pivotal points

Vardy is that much of a c*** that he often prefers to win a free kick and see the defender cautioned, rather than win possession. He times it perfectly, forces contact like Pires did and takes a well honed tumble

He had a lot of joy between the central defender and the goalie as the full back pushed up.

The way he initiates contact himself and then gets awarded free kicks against bigger defenders is deeply frustrating to watch as a fan of the opposing team

Pen is debatable.

He's useless and loves the attention.

We should make sure he never refs Manchester teams. Dean doesn't ref us or Everton. It's an absolute double standard.

It wouldn't solve all our issues but it would at least flag up the potential (actual) bias.

Deano reffed the derby at Goodison. :)

Did he ref us 1 more time after that last season? Part of me thinks he did. Might be wrong though

In general I agree with you though. Taylor shouldnt be reffing us as when he is as s***e as that, he's going to get accused of bias. 

Did he ref us 1 more time after that last season? Part of me thinks he did. Might be wrong though

In general I agree with you though. Taylor shouldnt be reffing us as when he is as s**** as that, he's going to get accused of bias. 

Mike Dean was also the ref for Stoke 1 Liverpool 2 last season.

In general I agree with you though. Taylor shouldnt be reffing us as when he is as s**** as that, he's going to get accused of bias.

Did he? Why is it now allowed when it wasn't for so long then? I suspect the answer is the post Ferguson thaw, but that shouldn't be enough of an explanation.

Did he? Why is it now allowed when it wasn't for so long then? I suspect the answer is the post Ferguson thaw, but that shouldn't be enough of an explanation.

The derby was because it was all merseyside. 

Apparently he did Stoke too, Dunno if Stoke is his patch too. 

Does Taylor not ref Manchester teams then?

He does, he reffed us against Manchester United last season. Its weird. But he's Cheshire based and claims to be the only person from Wythenshawe that supports Altrincham. Even people from altrincham don't support altrincham

Does Taylor not ref Manchester teams then?

He was ref for just 6 premier league games for United, but ya know even though his family are united fans, he's totally impartial. 

Oh and city just the once, city lost of course. 

Edited by Lark

It hasnt.

If you are behind the ball you can't be offside. People are assuming that playing it backwards implies you were behind the ball. It's likely that that is true but you can run from an offside position to play a ball that has gone backwards and still be offside.

Wow. Genuinely thought ball had to be played forwards for it to count. In most circumstances it is I guess, so easy assumption. Pretty sure in days gone by I would have heard people shouting "the ball didn't go forward ref"...

Pretty hard to be offside when the ball has gone backwards, but yes, I can see how that could happen and I guess it is potentially an advantage to be coming from an offside position, hence the law.

To be honest though, I think anyone being caught offside is a c*** (in that moment). So easy not to be.

DKbZOwUW4AYFYSG.jpg

Looks in to me. View from above (which is the only one that counts) would show part of the ball on the line. Wouldn't be a goal so not out either.