By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

What's stopping you from having breakfast?

Molby

I rarely eat breakfast, maybe two or three times a week max., usually at the weekend.

An energetic dog needing a long walk, a two year old daughter who wakes up early, a job with an early start, and a wife who wouldn't wake up and get out of bed early if the room was on fire

You should test that out.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

juice of half a lemon squeezed into a small cup of warm water

my body is a temple

#fattening

For me it's usually granola with skimmed milk, some fresh fruit, a pro-biotic yoghurt and a glass of water.

Tea and coffee can wait 'til later in the day.

Don't get the skimmed milk or semi. Full fat milk is only 4% fat, so hardly pure lard. Studies also show that FF milk is far better for you - you feel more satiated..

Had Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes this morning. A huge step down from the Mackerel and Scrambled Eggs I had yesterday. 

I don't get how people can't eat breakfast, you're basically going 17 or so hours without eating which is mental.

but don't you feel sick if you've been drinking the night before?

which in your case is not never

and fry ups just make it worse

how can a fry up cure a hangover? you need sleep and fluids not greasy cheap cuts of pig meat surely...

I go through phases - sometimes bacon and eggs every morning for months, other times no breakfast at all for a while. Apparently, fasting until lunch is quite good for you - something to do with increased HGH and testosterone production. Checkout the 16/8 diet for more details.

Pretty unusual for me to go more than 2-3 waking hours at any time of day without eating something. Going 6 or 7 hours after waking sounds like lunacy.

I'm like that - I graze all day. A couple of bananas around 10, big bag of almonds that last the week, dark chocolate & an apple for after lunch

but don't you feel sick if you've been drinking the night before?

which in your case is not never

and fry ups just make it worse

how can a fry up cure a hangover? you need sleep and fluids not greasy cheap cuts of pig meat surely...

How much do you mean by drinking? There's a huge grey area here. 

Full fat makes me feel a bit ill - too creamy.

Semi for me.

Skimmed can get to f*ck.

When I rule the World I'm banning skimmed milk. Absolute s****. 

Edited by Hightown Phil

I go through phases - sometimes bacon and eggs every morning for months, other times no breakfast at all for a while. Apparently, fasting until lunch is quite good for you - something to do with increased HGH and testosterone production. Checkout the 16/8 diet for more details.

Surely the real challenge there is to google the 16/8 diet and find ANY page in your results that isn't calling a load of old b******s?

I'm like that - I graze all day. A couple of bananas around 10, big bag of almonds that last the week, dark chocolate & an apple for after lunch

other people substitute those snacks with chocolate and crisps

a whole lot of people

How much do you mean by drinking? There's a huge grey area here. 

enough to give you a bit (or a lot) of a hangover I guess

tbh that would be about 4 pints for me, maybe 3 1/2

Surely the real challenge there is to google the 16/8 diet and find ANY page in your results that isn't calling a load of old b******s?

Maybe. I'm not really a great ad for a testosterone-jacked specimen so I couldn't say I swear by it.

Well I had 3 pints last night and managed breakfast so get me. 

well that makes you one of the most capable men in Britain

but the threshold is 3 1/2 pints

Toast with olive oil and ham. Or with avocado and salmon.

quite

and even better if you're sat on your balcony and the sun is shining

well that makes you one of the most capable men in Britain

but the threshold is 3 1/2 pints

Threshold for lightweights, maybe.

If I got anything that could remotely be described as a hangover after that sort of consumption, never mind enough of one to make me incapable of eating, I'd never get anything done.

How are we snacking?

I have also successfully phased out crisps and biscuits and I'm seeing results - I buy loads of mango and raspberries/blueberries now.

Nuts I can take or leave - big fan of popcorn but there's loads of salt on it.

When I rule the World I'm banning skimmed milk. Absolute s****. 

It's like paintbrush water.

Edited by Stanley Leisure

How are we snacking?

Chocolate, biscuits (low fat DIgestives), sweets (Haribo Golden Bears).

I don't have chocolate every day, but I do get strong cravings occassionaly. A couple of biscuits with a cup of tea mid morning is a civilised thing and sweets keep me awake when I'm driving.

It's a huge test of willpower not to have something fried every morning given that I'm already cooking it for other people.

Usually wholemeal toast with jam. If I break a fried egg whilst I'm cooking it for a guest I usually do another one, then bung the broken one it on a slice of bread and have some chilli sauce on it 

other people substitute those snacks with chocolate and crisps

a whole lot of people

enough to give you a bit (or a lot) of a hangover I guess

tbh that would be about 4 pints for me, maybe 3 1/2

the amount I eat during the day I'd be massive & unhealthy.

I've never been a massive fan of fry ups, and when hungover they are the opposite of what I want