By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

What's stopping you from having breakfast?

Molby

plenty of breakfast dodgers around

and we all know it's not good for you

so what's stopping us from having a decent breakfast? (not a burrito at the underground station or whatever)

alternatively, post your breakfast success stories here

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rather than rolled - supposedly you lose a lot of the nutrition in rolled oats.

Steel-cut oats (US), also called pinhead oatscoarse oatmeal (UK),[1][2] or Irish oatmeal are groats (the inner kernel with the inedible hull removed) of whole oats which have been chopped into two or three pieces. The pieces can then be processed further to make rolled oat flakes, of smaller size than flakes of whole groats, or sold for consumption as "steel-cut oats".[3]

Steel-cut oats are traditionally used to make porridge, as well as oat cakes, etc. However, they take longer to cook than instant, ground, or rolled oats, typically 15–30 minutes for porridge (or about half this time if pre-soaked). Steel-cut oats are described as being nuttier-flavoured and chewier than other types of oats.[4]

Steel-cut oats derive their name from the process by which they are produced - large steel blades chop the groats into two or three pieces, resulting in a texture chewier and coarser than other oats.[5]

rather than rolled - supposedly you lose a lot of the nutrition in rolled oats.

Steel-cut oats (US), also called pinhead oatscoarse oatmeal (UK),[1][2] or Irish oatmeal are groats (the inner kernel with the inedible hull removed) of whole oats which have been chopped into two or three pieces. The pieces can then be processed further to make rolled oat flakes, of smaller size than flakes of whole groats, or sold for consumption as "steel-cut oats".[3]

Steel-cut oats are traditionally used to make porridge, as well as oat cakes, etc. However, they take longer to cook than instant, ground, or rolled oats, typically 15–30 minutes for porridge (or about half this time if pre-soaked). Steel-cut oats are described as being nuttier-flavoured and chewier than other types of oats.[4]

Steel-cut oats derive their name from the process by which they are produced - large steel blades chop the groats into two or three pieces, resulting in a texture chewier and coarser than other oats.[5]

sounds a bit crap

I'm a dodger - leave home about 6.45am/7.00am and don't like eating that early nor whilst travelling. Tend to then get a cup of tea upon arriving at work and go through until 1230 before lunch. Never really been a breakfast eater throughout life.

it's encouraging  that people are making time for breakfast

I've mostly dodged it over the years due to not being bothered, and very,very often, waking up late and hungover, so I've held out to lunch and gone for something more in keeping with my needs at that moment

it helps having a kitchen in work so now I have gluten free porridge with banana and honey, made with almond milk

it's tasty if you're not hungover, and very filling

I'm bashing out the smoothies too

strange how good habits come and go

we didn't have fry ups but my mum made me fruit salad or porridge every day before I went to school

An energetic dog needing a long walk, a two year old daughter who wakes up early, a job with an early start, and a wife who wouldn't wake up and get out of bed early if the room was on fire

Breakfast is a rare treat