By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Ronnie Moran

Maldini

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was something reassuring about seeing him in the background, on the bench etc. back in the day. Like a familiar uncle, one of the family. If he was there, everything was grand, it was on track. It was a long time after I could recognise him that I heard his voice for the first time. He was always just there and it was weird when he suddenly wasn't in 99 or 2000. 

RIP Ronnie, I hope you get the send-off of a statesman from the club that you deserve. 

Aye. You didn't know what he did but if he was there, we were alright.

RIP, Ronnie Moran.

Ronnie was a mate of my Grandad, they went to school together and how I used to be able to see the reds in the 70's was to use my Grandad's season ticket as Ronnie sorted out other tickets, I  used to see him in Sainsbury's in Crosby in the off season and he used to moan how bored he was waiting for the season to start up, was a proper Football man and a true Red.  RIP Ronnie, bet Grandad had a pint waiting and was ready to moan about us :)

Love the way someone has obviously decided to get a dead slick photo of them all in their club gear - yet they aren't lined up straight, Shankly's kecks don't match everyone else's, they're not all standing the same and there appear to be a couple of people walking around in the background. Would never get published today.

Love the way someone has obviously decided to get a dead slick photo of them all in their club gear - yet they aren't lined up straight, Shankly's kecks don't match everyone else's, they're not all standing the same and there appear to be a couple of people walking around in the background. Would never get published today.

And Joe Fagan appears to be mumbling something out of the side of his mouth...

• 1 year later...