By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Weird football observations

That's f***ing weird. And then the other lot, the right footed ones.

Like the bloody X Files.

I've seen a goalie use their third leg every now and again...

One that really frustrates me - why are full backs always the one to cover at corners, and centre backs always go up? Even when it makes very little sense (e.g. Lucas/Carra who barely score) vs having someone like Riise (even though he's hated on the forum blah blah) somewhere in and around the opposition penalty area? That one just a LFC example but I'm sure there are others.

It's obvious. Full backs are quicker than centrebacks and so can stop teams breaking away from another wasted corner and waltzing through the defence to score on the counter

As a plan, it doesn't always work...

Also centrebacks tend to be taller.

With a few exceptions fullbacks tend to be sh*t at scoring. As Carragher says, they tend to have failed at other positions.

I've seen a goalie use their third leg every now and again...

One that really frustrates me - why are full backs always the one to cover at corners, and centre backs always go up? Even when it makes very little sense (e.g. Lucas/Carra who barely score) vs having someone like Riise (even though he's hated on the forum blah blah) somewhere in and around the opposition penalty area? That one just a LFC example but I'm sure there are others.

Markus Babbel used to go up from right-back, Henchoz stayed back.

only left footed players are described as "one footed"

They do tend to use their dominant foot a lot more though I think.

Rights backs surging down the wing occasionally cut back and use the left to float one in. How often have you seen Moreno or Riise do that?

Right backs can usually play left back. The reverse is very rare unless he's a right footed left back.

Most teams (by that I mean in England... and by that I mean in the Premier League) seem to have 9 or 10 right-footed players in them.

Remember the days when we as fans would draft 'transfer wish list' teams or choose fantasy football teams with two lefty defenders, two lefty midfielders and a lefty striker.

As a kid I even made sure I had five left-footed players in my Subbuteo teams.

Match Balls. You used to have a match ball and if it went out the ground or was not retuned by the fans a replacement would come in. But when the original was available again that was used as soon as possible.

Now it doesn't matter what ball is used,

left footers (and left handers) are weird

Most cricket 'left handers' are actually right handed when writing, they just bat 'funny'.

'That's Mr Elleray to you boy'

Sir - surely, with him being a teacher.

Match Balls. You used to have a match ball and if it went out the ground or was not retuned by the fans a replacement would come in. But when the original was available again that was used as soon as possible.

Now it doesn't matter what ball is used,

Most cricket 'left handers' are actually right handed when writing, they just bat 'funny'.

Sir - surely, with him being a teacher.

Which comes back to my hatred of the ball being on a stupid podium at the start of the game from which the ref plucks it like it's some kind of sacred object rather than one of multiple that will be used during the game

Not strictly true, the majority of left handers are left handed because they are actually mirroring what they are seeing.

That is why so many are naturally right handed and bat left.

Which comes back to my hatred of the ball being on a stupid podium at the start of the game from which the ref plucks it like it's some kind of sacred object rather than one of multiple that will be used during the game

Yes what that's all about??

In Aus our published kick off times are not accurate, it may say 7-15 kick off but that's when the players come out and the game kicks off later.