By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Restaurants - pt.36

charlie clown

What's great and exciting out there in Merseyside/Wirral/Mancland restaurants these days? I've been trawling reviews etc. and it's either the same-old-same-old, tried and tested great places (Sticky Walnut, P'tite France, Chef's Table, Cains at Abode etc.) or stuff that looks tediously generic (endless lists of Argentinian/Brazilian steak houses). Somewhere that does decent fish dishes would be good.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Whisko*

*just bought the web domain and registered this at Companies House.

Ok but remember to put in your annual return otherwise you get a fine and this can escalate to the point where you get barred from being a director, for 14 years

Apparently Yukti is rather good which is cool because I'm going there in about 3 weeks.

it is

and reassuringly, and unusually for these gaffs, it's a small menu

like Yuet Ben

Also I loaded up on ingredients from the shop next door and have been cooking home made curries ever since

Italian Fish Club is alright, are there any other specifically fish restaurants in Liverpool/Wirral? Loch Fyne didn't last long in West Kirby, don't understand the lack of popularity of fish - particularly where we are.

Looking forward to going to Mowgli's on Water Street soon.

Yeah. we had a Loch Fyne in Stockton Heath where I lived up until this time last year and it closed down within a couple of years of it opening, It was popular enough but I guess there must have been something in its business model that didn't quite work. That whole business of having a fishmongers' counter within a restaurant seemed a bit strange.  

I'm told the new place in Chester 'Opera' is good. Not been yet but going on the 28th so I'll report back.

Menu looks good, and I believe they have live gospel music which sounds pretty cool.

Edited by Leo No.8