By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

New York

Bootser

So Macca, do you live round Fulton St then? It's f***ing great round here. Just been in that massive deli to get my tea.

Yeah, I'm 2 blocks south of, it's my subway stn.

When I said I'm across the road from your hotel I wasn't exaggerating - you could throw a tennis ball from my doorway to your hotel & hit it

OK cool. Macca, Stan, Benitez all going to be there? Are we on for 11th or somewhere with more room? Actually I think the volume will be just right for West Ham.

Macca would know best.

I'm always at 11th St

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nah - clocks changed last week & so did the weather, wish some f***er had thought to do that in early Feb....it's pretty mild now - mid 40s to high 50s (61 = 16C)

Dave - hotels Wooster St area....that's SoHo so won't be cheap - 60 Thompson, there's the Trump SoHo (I wouldn't because that c*** has his name associated with it), Bowery Hotel (maybe a 10min walk), Crosby St Hotel.

All of those are nice, if you want to save a bit there's a Holiday Inn Chinatown - on the edge of SoHo - or Washington Square Hotel. The Wall St Inn is right down by me, maybe 15min walk from SoHo, and is fairly priced.

Nah - clocks changed last week & so did the weather, wish some f***** had thought to do that in early Feb....it's pretty mild now - mid 40s to high 50s (61 = 16C)

Dave - hotels Wooster St area....that's SoHo so won't be cheap - 60 Thompson, there's the Trump SoHo (I wouldn't because that c*** has his name associated with it), Bowery Hotel (maybe a 10min walk), Crosby St Hotel.

All of those are nice, if you want to save a bit there's a Holiday Inn Chinatown - on the edge of SoHo - or Washington Square Hotel. The Wall St Inn is right down by me, maybe 15min walk from SoHo, and is fairly priced.

Just got back last night after a couple of weeks working out there. Much warmer than it had been with almost all of the snow now gone.

I changed hotel halfway through. Originally booked into The Lexington (Lexington and 48th) but it was a bit s***e so moved to the Trump SoHo, which is the best NY hotel I've stayed in. It's a bit out of the way but you pay only a small premium over the 4* places for great rooms, great service, etc.

If you're going to watch an LFC match whilst you are there, I'd recommend The Boot Room at The Irish American Bar in Manhattan (get the wings - very good!). Carra will be there in a couple of weeks time and I heard someone say he is opening a bar / restaurant out there too.

Oh, and the steaks at Wolfgangs - the best I've ever had. So good!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Read an article that advised doing it through your airline. Whoever they are affiliated with. Apparently it's an area loads of people get ripped off/scammed for more money in.

I was determined to bat away their attempts to get me to spend more when I picked up my rental at San Francisco airport a few years back. Then she said "do you want to upgrade to a Ford Mustang?" and it all went out the window as I immediately said yes.

Righto this might have already been mentioned, but my brain isnt functioning properly. Car hire New York any recommendations?

Go with one of the major ones. Don't cut corners and go with Douchebag Rent-a-Car because you'll get burned. Major ones can be cheap, like Thrifty, E-Z, Budget. Easier to drop off and better service.

I'm not sure if there are locational price differentials, but if it is considerably cheaper out in Long Island, then I'll give you a lift there.