A friend of mine (southampton fan) has been commissioned to write a book looking at the past 25 years of Englosh football, since the Premier League came into being, he's looking for contributions, feel free to write anything here, or email him direct (details below)
He's keen to emphasise:
1) That it's about what has happened to football in that time; not a 'celebration'
2) Bournemouth, Bradford, Barnsley, Blackpool are as important as any of the 47 clubs that have played in the EPL at some point
Not needing lots...quick fire notes would be better than long passages of text.
Contributions Sought from Genuine Football Fans
I am working on a book looking at the first 25 years of the Premier League, which reflects on the fortunes of all teams who have played a part – that’s 47 teams in total including Wimbledon, Bradford, Barnsley, Swindon and even Portsmouth.
All contributors will have their name listed next to their team and have the option to buy a much reduced copy of the final version (although purchase will not be compulsory and for major contributors I’ll try to secure free copies)
What I’m after could be extensive or quite limited. One Coventry fan, for instance, simply said “oh, I remember Moldovan was something special” and therein lay something for me to investigate. Ideally I’d be after notes, prose or quotes to about 1 page in total, covering things like the following:
- Recollections of watching your team in the PL (although going to matches is not a pre-requisite for involvement)
- Any memories from this time which are poignant, interesting, funny etc
- Examples of the above might be songs, best and worst players, best and worst days/matches
- Quirky stuff that only you would know about
More than a page welcome, but I cannot guarantee to include everything. If I quote you directly, I will include your name in the text as well as the club by club acknowledgement.
If you can help, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions or simply attach stuff about your club. I will be collecting information until at least 31/1/2017.
Thank you for considering this, Lloyd