By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Loris Karius

Alonso

6 minutes ago, Gerry said:

Not really the physique you'd be looking for in a goalkeeper is it?

Surely bulking up like that is admitting your done as a footballer no? Would it not be seen as unprofessional? Like if he was 3/4 stone over weight. 

Reckon he may well have been squirrelling money away for the last few years and will retire from football after his contract is up.

He’ll be financially set for life and wouldn’t get another decent club again anyway. why put yourself through it. 

1 minute ago, Gethin said:

Reckon he may well have been squirrelling money away for the last few years and will retire from football after his contract is up.

He’ll be financially set for life and wouldn’t get another decent club again anyway. why put yourself through it. 

I get that, but don't Liverpool currently pay his wages? Seems at odds to everyone else at the club and the mindset. He's massive there.

9 minutes ago, Romario said:

I get that, but don't Liverpool currently pay his wages? Seems at odds to everyone else at the club and the mindset. He's massive there.

After what happened I’d be surprised if he gives a flying f***. 

He was offered a deal by clubs in January. He'll get another deal on at least 10 grand a week if he wants it in the summer. He has no shame so he'll probably sign it and get dropped after a month or two and pick up the money for 4 years. Or get a pay off.

3 hours ago, Kid Klopp said:

his competition was mignolet.

Klopp's persistence with both is arguably his biggest failing in his time with us. I don't think he really rated keepers as terribly important until he saw what Alisson can do.

He'd never signed a keeper. Always inherited one and just left them to it.