By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The under-par golf thread

Murphman

4 hours ago, muleskinner said:

What's he doing that is getting under people's skin? 

He's upsetting the purists who think golf shud be a game of skill not brute strength. Some of these purists would probably with a return to hickory shafts on drivers and golf balls filled with feathers.

1 minute ago, Cobs said:

not unusual it pisses people off either

I've seen some stuff about his clubs, has that been a bone of contention too?

2 minutes ago, Murphman said:

Degrees of c*ntishness even amongst *nts though, and yes golf has more than most. 

He must be bad when you see who has gone before him!

He's always been a bellend but lately he's been doing very well so he gets more attention. Because he's a bellend, much of this attention will be people pointing out that he is, well, a bellend.

Edited by kop205

5 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

Similar story to his Masters final round when he just didn't attack all day and Mickelson grabbed it by the scruff of the neck - Lee's played safe and Thomas has won it

yep - gets himself into contention and then tries to nurse it around 

Shame Westwood couldn’t get it done. He has had an amazing career and seems like a really good guy but there will always be a ‘nearly man’ tag. He has been far too good for too long to have not won a major. 

Cant believe he went middle of the green on the 17th, it’s a tough flag but he had to go at it.

Edited by Leo No.8

Golf starts again on 29th. I'm playing at The Grove (a birthday treat). 

Everyone ready to start again, hopefully with no breaks this time. Keen to know when they will drop the covid restrictions like bunker rakes and flags in with sponge in the holes. 

Ps. Bryson is arrogant, but he's changing the game again. Many younger players will follow his lead bulk up. 

1 hour ago, Flasher said:

Golf starts again on 29th. I'm playing at The Grove (a birthday treat). 

Everyone ready to start again, hopefully with no breaks this time. Keen to know when they will drop the covid restrictions like bunker rakes and flags in with sponge in the holes. 

Ps. Bryson is arrogant, but he's changing the game again. Many younger players will follow his lead bulk up. 

I played The Grove before it opened properly. A magnificent and wonderful golf course, if you've not played there before you are in for a treat. I don't know who paid for the round but they must like you a lot 😉

i played The Grove years and years ago

turned up and some fecker took umbrage at the trousers i was wearing - said they were jeans (they weren't) and sent me to the pro shop to buy a pair of appropriate golfing trousers.

The only ones they had in my size were £180 burberry trews

f*** that - so i wore my wet weathers instead

nice course though.

7 hours ago, Cobs said:

i played The Grove years and years ago

turned up and some fecker took umbrage at the trousers i was wearing - said they were jeans (they weren't) and sent me to the pro shop to buy a pair of appropriate golfing trousers.

The only ones they had in my size were £180 burberry trews

f*** that - so i wore my wet weathers instead

nice course though.

Amazing the level of w***ers that attend golf clubs. I got told off for having my polo shirt slightly untucked out of my trousers. Like it f***ing matters

22 minutes ago, smithdown said:

Are there many fights at golf clubs?  They must be dead hard these lads who go round staring at you.

Only the municipals I used to play in South London.