By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Random low content stuff

Swan Red

On 19/03/2021 at 21:30, Redwire said:

I knew him a bit when we were in our late teens.  He wasn't quite the self obsessed psycho in those days but was very driven.  I remember he seemed to have about ten jobs on the go.

Yes, I didn't know him but was aware of him - he was a couple of years above my brother at the high school and we knew he (Evans) was doing Tarzan-o-grams and the like whilst also dj-ing and coralling the shopping trolleys at Asda (not all at once).

Incidentally I heard him on the radio a few years back talking about his time at the high school and telling a story about having to stand up in front of the class and do a little speech about something or other, I forget what, and the class pretty much all laughed at him apart from one lass who stood up and had a go at them all for ridiculing him. In that radio interview he mentioned her by name and said that he'd never forgotten her kindness and decency and what a difference it had made to him. And I heard last weekend that that girl, now a full-grown woman of course, died of cancer a couple of weeks back. 

Edited by charlie clown

On 19/03/2021 at 21:30, Redwire said:

I knew him a bit when we were in our late teens.  He wasn't quite the self obsessed psycho in those days but was very driven.  I remember he seemed to have about ten jobs on the go.

i met him back in the day when i owned pubs

he came into the Greyhound one saturday, was drinking orange juice - which piqued my interest so i started chatting to him. He was off the booze cos he was working - interviewing U2 who were playing at Twickenham later in the day

CLANG!

So anyway - he said he liked the pub and would be back. Came in on the monday arvo when it was dead, drank everything we had and left the barman a £50 tip.

9 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

I'm properly addicted to road rage videos on Youtube - it's brilliant watching just how angry some people can get when their fragile masculinity is threatened by somebody over-taking them

My wife, who spends her life telling me to not get the hump with other drivers. Gets to a traffic light system which is ever so slightly offset and people often get confused, two girls in a car coming over and she instinctively thought they were going to turn right in front off her so slows right down and sure enough they cut right across her. She was still fine until one of them flicked a vee sign at her, she immediately spun around and chased them up the road, cursing and threatening. Shocking behaviour I thought 😉

• Love 1

26 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

I'm properly addicted to road rage videos on Youtube - it's brilliant watching just how angry some people can get when their fragile masculinity is threatened by somebody over-taking them

It's mad how many drivers are complete d****eads. 

1 hour ago, pipnasty said:

I like that one where the bloke hits the motorbike over, the pure impotent rage.

• Haha 1

Went to the newest and most garish gas station today, on I95 close to Daytona. 104 pumps and a convenience store that is more like a department store.

Gas is 35 cents a gallon cheaper than near us, so well worth a visit if we are down that way.

https://www.wesh.com/article/bucees-daytona-beach-opening/35901819

9 minutes ago, Nebraska Red said:

Went to the newest and most garish gas station today, on I95 close to Daytona. 104 pumps and a convenience store that is more like a department store.

Gas is 35 cents a gallon cheaper than near us, so well worth a visit if we are down that way.

I'm looking forward to retirement.

From Babyshambles to grown-up shambles

0_PAY-EXCLUSIVE-EMBARGO-Strictly-No-Web-

7 hours ago, pipnasty said:

Yeah I have gone down that rabbit hole. Some great stuff.. 

This is one of my faves though... Proper angry car driver giving a cyclist some s***... Keep watching till the end. Its a brilliant ending.. Language warning though 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Barnesy_10 said:

This is one of my faves though... Proper angry car driver giving a cyclist some s***... Keep watching till the end. Its a brilliant ending.. Language warning though 

2 bells have a dispute

9 hours ago, Barnesy_10 said:

"Why don't you get a car like normal people do?"

16 hours ago, Nebraska Red said:

because of this, your grandchildren will be picking through garbage looking for food one day

(not having a go at you personally)

2 hours ago, Molby said:

because of this, your grandchildren will be picking through garbage looking for food one day

(not having a go at you personally)

The one saving grace of this monstrosity is that they pay people really well. Pump attendants get $15-$17 an hour. Car wash guys get $20 plus tips. Convenience store workers get between $15 & $25 an hour.

Apparently, it's causing issues in the local hospitality industry as they are struggling to hold on to, or recruit, staff. Add in a new Amazon facility paying good wages with good benefits, and there may be a big surge in pay at hotels, bars and restaurants.