By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Herzlichen willkommen Herr Klopp

Flasher

On 12/07/2023 at 10:07, Jarg Armani said:

I think Klopp is very loyal, and it is to our detriment at times. Someone needs to be able to overrule him and get rid of players who are on the wane. I think I'd like to sell one of (any of?) Thiago Fab and Henderson this summer, just to get in the habit.

Got your wish there mate 2/3!

With this summers incomings and outgoings and Gakpo, Diaz and Nunez all being pretty new, this feels truly like Jurgen’s second Liverpool team now.

Excited for this next journey. He’s always built great teams from here, it’s keeping them together too long that seems to be his weakness.

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Bizarre how many are turning against him on twitter, a lot of the big twitter accounts, including some of the TAW lot, are attacking him now 

I watched the vid they posted last night, with Neil and at least one fella who posts here, and i saw nothing wrong with any of the takes. It was a constructive, mostly, discussion on where the issues lie. And there is without question evidence to say that the manager doesn't always help himself in the transfer market

Haven't seen what Gutmann has said though

31 minutes ago, Hassony said:

Bizarre how many are turning against him on twitter, a lot of the big twitter accounts, including some of the TAW lot, are attacking him now 

Some of them probably genuinely think they could do a better job than him.

Self-importance central loads of these podcasts and twitter blerts.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, McBain said:

I watched the vid they posted last night, with Neil and at least one fella who posts here, and i saw nothing wrong with any of the takes. It was a constructive, mostly, discussion on where the issues lie. And there is without question evidence to say that the manager doesn't always help himself in the transfer market

Haven't seen what Gutmann has said though

Who is the other fella who posts on here? I watched Kev Walsh, Stu Wright and Ian Salmon with Neil.

I was surprised that Neil laid the blame squarely at Klopp's door for not signing a defender this summer and also for neglecting the squad these last couple of seasons. Don't think that's a reasonable take at all. His main argument was Klopp wants belters and won't settle for decent lads. Endo is quite clearly a Klopp signing and one he will have had to "beg for" according to reports. Don't see how he can just remove the owners from this argument and be "neutral" on them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hassony said:

Who from TAW are attacking him? I’ve heard v mild criticism of certain things at best. 

33 minutes ago, Dan said:

Who is the other fella who posts on here? I watched Kev Walsh, Stu Wright and Ian Salmon with Neil.

I was surprised that Neil laid the blame squarely at Klopp's door for not signing a defender this summer and also for neglecting the squad these last couple of seasons. Don't think that's a reasonable take at all. His main argument was Klopp wants belters and won't settle for decent lads. Endo is quite clearly a Klopp signing and one he will have had to "beg for" according to reports. Don't see how he can just remove the owners from this argument and be "neutral" on them.

I think @sammy & a and his adults in the room thing might be the answer. Some people love a complicated and sensible argument where a simple and emotional one is probably better suited.

Although Klopp’s relaxed attitude to the defence did briefly have me kicking off about him to myself yesterday.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Klopp is right to want belters. Quality over quantity 

owners need to back him 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

owners need to back him 

Agree, but when you're priced out again and again.

The whole approach is flawed, want quality but aren't prepared to pay for it, while also not wanting to pay market rates for up and coming talent.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

I think @sammy & a and his adults in the room thing might be the answer. Some people love a complicated and sensible argument where a simple and emotional one is probably better suited.

Although Klopp’s relaxed attitude to the defence did briefly have me kicking off about him to myself yesterday.

Klopp is doing his job at say 96% and FSG are doing theirs at 72%. TAW dynamics seem to be that Klopp needs to find that 4% to cover for FSG’s 28%. They’re weighted equally or maybe even more so on Klopp.

Klopp not being perfect is not an unspoken truth or something the masses can’t see. It’s just largely irrelevant.

I know it wasn’t said on TAW and was said on here but it’s just “keepers only cover 9% of the pitch so why replace Mignolet” over and over again.

13 minutes ago, Conrad said:

owners need to back him 

But your favourite two lads, Mane and Wijnaldum weren’t belters at signing stage.

1 minute ago, sammy & a said:

Klopp is doing his job at say 96% and FSG are doing theirs at 72%. TAW dynamics seem to be that Klopp needs to find that 4% to cover for FSG’s 28%. They’re weighted equally or maybe even more so on Klopp.

Klopp not being perfect is not an unspoken truth or something the masses can’t see. It’s just largely irrelevant.

I know it wasn’t said on TAW and was said on here but it’s just “keepers only cover 9% of the pitch so why replace Mignolet” over and over again.

Ha ha ha that goalie shout 

9 minutes ago, Hus said:

Agree, but when you're priced out again and again.

The whole approach is flawed, want quality but aren't prepared to pay for it, while also not wanting to pay market rates for up and coming talent.

They basically want value when there is none. Not when their mindset is stuck in 2019. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

But your favourite two lads, Mane and Wijnaldum weren’t belters at signing stage.

Our aim was the get top 4 then. I'd like to think Klopp has higher targets now. We wouldn't sign the Wijnaldum or Mane equivalent now cos they'd be £70m each.