By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Roberto Firmino

whitewidow

16 hours ago, Cam said:

Alright Gethin but I swear to you if Jones has a very average season next year and his value drops by £10m I'm going to be very, very, VERY cross with you. 

But yeah, back to Bobby... 

That MEWP looks overkill for the job

We have been lucky to see some decent players come and go but today, my melancholy is all consuming.

No look goals and contract signings, teeth, flicks, tricks and shimmies, sending the entire Arsenal XI for the Echo or putting them on their a***, you name it, this lad did it with the loveliest smile on his face this side of Kenny.

But even in his 18 hour highlights reel, the man gave his this crowning moment, the proof he truly was our Samba Scouser. Obrigado senhor. Cheers Bobby 'la. YNWA.

EDVP94tUwAAqbRz.jpg

• Love 8

He’s been absolutely wonderful in every way.
He’s even leaving perfectly. Leaving on a high and signing off without any future club distractions. That’s tomorrows business. 

There’s been times over the years where I’ve waned watching Liverpool, but players like Bobby suck you right back in for all the right reasons. 

Never known a player who  seems to derive more pleasure from making his team tick than personal moments of glory. 

I’ve never been one to wear tops with players names on it but my son bought me a lfc top about 4 years ago with his name on it and it gets worn for every game we've watch together since. 

• Love 2

Bloody hell, Bobby Firmino. One of the best.

I sometimes wonder what his retirement will look like. He's probably not going to become a big fat party animal any more. I'd still really love to go for a pint with him, even if he is going to spend the whole time talking about God.

• Like 1

I absolutely love him. Always have always will. 

He epitomises everything that makes me love Liverpool. 

I remember when he was Hoffenheim and we allegedly were interested in signing him there was a Norwegian agent saying this was a "Klopp signing" somewhat alluding to Klopp coming. We were s*** at the time, he brought hope, and it was clear from the off he was a very intelligent and technically brilliant footballer. 

He brought us so much joy and I made weird f***ing sounds when he scored today. He was the first and maybe the most important piece of what became a team to steamroll Europe and the world.

Thank you Bobby Firmino. 

A Liverpool legend.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

25 minutes ago, Angry Carroll said:

I absolutely love him. Always have always will. 

He epitomises everything that makes me love Liverpool. 

I remember when he was Hoffenheim and we allegedly were interested in signing him there was a Norwegian agent saying this was a "Klopp signing" somewhat alluding to Klopp coming. We were s*** at the time, he brought hope, and it was clear from the off he was a very intelligent and technically brilliant footballer. 

He brought us so much joy and I made weird f***ing sounds when he scored today. He was the first and maybe the most important piece of what became a team to steamroll Europe and the world.

Thank you Bobby Firmino. 

A Liverpool legend.

Bobby leaving is even harder to take than Mane leaving, and that was tough. What a player and guy. 

Such a Klopp player that it's weird that he was a Rodgers signing. Bit like Bergkamp being a Rioch signing... 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Zoob said:

Such a Klopp player that it's weird that he was a Rodgers signing. Bit like Bergkamp being a Rioch signing.

I bet Rodgers never even heard of him when he arrived at the training ground, had no idea where and how to use him 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hassony said:

I bet Rodgers never even heard of him when he arrived at the training ground, had no idea where and how to use him 

Maybe this is a fever dream, but didn't he play him left midfield to start? 

15 minutes ago, Zoob said:

Maybe this is a fever dream, but didn't he play him left midfield to start? 

Think Benteke was a rodgers signing and I’m sure Bobby was the clubs.  

Yeah don’t think Rodgers knew what to do with him at all. Klopp moved him to a 9 when he got here and then the rest is glorious. 

Edited by Romario
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Swipe said:

He’s been the type of player who reminds you why we’re all so obsessed over football in the first place. 

Exactly this. When I think "ah f*** this, these pricks are massively over paid bastids*" then you watch him do something brilliantly daft, you just laugh and fall in love with it all again. Gonna miss him.

*They are still massively over paid bastids ...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Zoob said:

Bobby leaving is even harder to take than Mane leaving, and that was tough. What a player and guy. 

Such a Klopp player that it's weird that he was a Rodgers signing. Bit like Bergkamp being a Rioch signing... 

This is a good shout, the pair of them fought like madmen with a big grin on their face all the while. Defenders didn't know what to make of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hassony said:

Remember Klopp's first presser? He referred to being pleasantly surprised that we had a certain player when he looked at squad. Had to have been Bobby. Made me wonder at the time if he had been signed in advance of Klopp's eventual appointment. 

• Like 1