By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Bob Paisley - Photo Question

Paisley

• 8 months later...

Bob is/was the man for me.

Too young for Shanks's era but Bob always appeared to be a nice old fella that somehow managed to be the greatest coach in Europe in between enjoying a nice cup of tea and a chat.

Always chuffed to get his visage via Panini.

Always looked embarrassed bless him.

It's a scandal the lack of recognition he got. These days farting the national anthem gets you an obe.

Apart from one biography - from John Keith, I think (?), there's been nothing else decent written about him in long form that I can find.

Cough, Revie, Ferguson ... loads.

Not right, that.

On one level it isn't

In another sense, it all just helps to set him apart from people like the three you mention, who are amongst the most vile indivdiuals to ever blight the game and the absolute antithesis of Bob.

On one level it isn't

In another sense, it all just helps to set him apart from people like the three you mention, who are amongst the most vile indivdiuals to ever blight the game and the absolute antithesis of Bob.

Yes, That is true.

The output does reflect his private, quiet personality.

I remember him taking over as manager. I was 11 years old. Didn't realise then what a lucky kid I was going to be!

b******s to the honours system and b******s to biographies. He won s*** loads of silverware and that's all that matters.

b******s to the honours system and b******s to biographies. He won s*** loads of silverware & was a good man and that's all that matters.

Ironically I can't recall whether I've posted this before but my great aunt suffered from dementia and lived with her daughter's family (my cousin). She was a tremendous strain and they needed a break so my aunt went into the Bob Paisley Respite Suite in a hospital in Liverpool (not sure which one)  Bob's widow had something to do with it's creation, apparently poor old Bob who had so many highs in his life couldn't remember any of it when he died.