By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Kenny

honourablegeorge

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/18/kenny-dalglish-hillsborough-heysel-liverpool-blackburn?CMP=share_btn_tw

What a fantastic man he is. It's one of the great unwritten tragedies of our club that he was reduced to just another meme towards the end of his last time as manager. He deserved a lot better. Can't wait to watch the documentary.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/18/kenny-dalglish-hillsborough-heysel-liverpool-blackburn?CMP=share_btn_tw

What a fantastic man he is. It's one of the great unwritten tragedies of our club that he was reduced to just another meme towards the end of his last time as manager. He deserved a lot better. Can't wait to watch the documentary.

Its easy to forget how young he was when he carried all that load. Incredible man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wonderful film. Wonderful man.

But Christ, the Heysel and Hillsborough bits were tough.

That they were, brought back pieces of it to me that I had apparently blocked out. We moved to Penistone, near Barnsley , shortly after that game and I can remember seeing the stadium from a similar point up on the hills overlooking Sheffield. I wouldn't even drive past it. My wife worked in Sheffield City Centre and drove past it every day.

I watched it on my own, which was probably for the best as I switched from sobbing to screaming during the video.

The bit that got to me most was the piece with Alan Hansen describing what a grieving father had said to him.

Edited by Nebraska Red

• 4 months later...