By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Gazza

• 3 years later...
On 28/03/2022 at 15:40, Kvarme Ate My Food said:

Apparently that’s his agent’s son and the two of them are always messing around like that 

That's good to hear. I know a couple of people have had a proper drink with Gazza in recent years. he lives in Bournemouth and drinks in Wetherspoons. Both were effusive about what great company he is, a truly flawed genius but with a big heart continually fighting his demons, and. that's how I like to think of him.

8 hours ago, Murphman said:

That's good to hear. I know a couple of people have had a proper drink with Gazza in recent years. he lives in Bournemouth and drinks in Wetherspoons. Both were effusive about what great company he is, a truly flawed genius but with a big heart continually fighting his demons, and. that's how I like to think of him.

It’s a bit like saying you’ve had a proper day in the bookies with Merson. A proper speedball with River Phoenix.

12 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

It’s a bit like saying you’ve had a proper day in the bookies with Merson. A proper speedball with River Phoenix.

Not really, when I say proper I meant spent time with him and made a judgement from there. I'm definitely biased towards him though I get that, I think there's a really unhappy person in there who manages to struggle along trying to have a laugh and be cheerful.

1 hour ago, Murphman said:

Not really, when I say proper I meant spent time with him and made a judgement from there. I'm definitely biased towards him though I get that, I think there's a really unhappy person in there who manages to struggle along trying to have a laugh and be cheerful.

I know, it’s hard to know what to do with drinkers. My cousin drank himself to death a few years ago, I had a pint with him a few months before he died. Enabling behaviour isn’t it.

4 hours ago, Jarg Armani said:

I know, it’s hard to know what to do with drinkers. My cousin drank himself to death a few years ago, I had a pint with him a few months before he died. Enabling behaviour isn’t it.

A boozer will always find a soul mate. I guess the really bad scenario, and I've seen this a couple of times, is when the drinker finds a partner made out of the same cloth. That always ends badly without exception.

Edited by Murphman
Poor grammar
  • Like 1

I've got a mate who is morbidly obese and has type 2 diabetes. He's had a couple of gastric by-passes and, as soon as he is out of hospital, he posts pictures of himself on social media eating massive fried breakfasts and then following it up with huge cream cakes. His 'mates' are like 'nice one!!!' The whole thing is really disturbing

5 hours ago, Jarg Armani said:

I know 3 people who drank themselves to death. All likeable sociable fellas who were happy drunks. Awful really.

7 hours ago, Jarg Armani said:

Great company if you're not a woman or a black person forced to look after him.

Edited by cymrococh

• 3 weeks later...