By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Divock Origi

sutty

13 hours ago, Cobs said:

Produced the key moment of skill in tonight’s match. Hopefully he’s more to contribute over the rest of the season. Bored of seeing him slagged off on here.

A rare start through the middle 

I think we've missed a trick with him during Bobby's lean spells

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

A rare start through the middle 

I think we've missed a trick with him during Bobby's lean spells

Yeah my heart sank at the start as he appeared to be out on the left side again which doesn't suit him but thankfully that was momentary and he moved inside with Jota outside of him. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Although there are exceptions (coady) you do listen to players looking back on their career regretting when they left the very top level... Origi might get more games somewhere else but he won't get more "moments" or be part of the story of one of the best teams of all time. He'll be talked about and loved forever, he'll be part of the folklore of football in a way he would never be by just going somewhere else and being a professional footballer. There's loads of lads who'll play 250 games in the PL that you'll never remember, but Origi is the one that you'll never forget.. 

• Upvote 1

I said in the summer that if he was still here when the window closed it would've been a failure by the club.

I'd like to personally apologise to Divock for forgetting his true glory. The best bit about football is the unbridled joy when something like this happens, he's given us more than anyone maybe.

Keep being Divock.

• Upvote 4