By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Divock Origi

sutty

Oh, you've gone again

right up there with a reserve keeper signing this one!! If we could lend Ilori to Lille we could see they work together on the long ball.. get Alberto in the middle and Aspas out wide and we'd be on to something... what about Southampton.. they could all go there...

right up there with a reserve keeper signing this one!! If we could lend Ilori to Lille we could see they work together on the long ball.. get Alberto in the middle and Aspas out wide and we'd be on to something... what about Southampton.. they could all go there...

Now that is actually a cracking idea

Rodgers is overwhelmed with him. Never seen him be so glowing about anyone, and he's often glowing.

Yeah I've seen that. Very promising.

I just worry he is one of those young players who people gamble on because they have the attributes to be a top footballer, rather than anything they have shown

Like Babel, for instance.

I watched him live this summer, before any links, and thought he was the worst footballer I had ever seen

I just worry he is one of those young players who people gamble on because they have the attributes to be a top footballer, rather than anything they have shown

I watched him live this summer, before any links, and thought he was the worst footballer I had ever seen

On what little I've seen his technique does look a bit, errr, raw, which is a worry.

It would make him a very un-Rodgers like buy though so maybe I've just caught the wrong bits.

I can remember the first few times I saw Sterling in the Kids teams and what stood out for me was his technique - his ability to change direction with the ball and keep it under control especially. It wasn't that he was just bigger or stronger or faster than the lads he was playing against, he was miles better and that always meant he had a chance of stepping up. Not sure that is screaming out at me about this lad but as I say, have seen very little of him, is just a gut instinct really.

Think Babel is a really good comparison. There's talent there definitely, but as kop205 says, at times he seems more than just 'raw'.