By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Dejan Lovren

drdooom

You're very touchy yourself if multiple question marks enjoy you. Does it help that it wasn't intentional?

Well this has taken a turn. Let's leave it there. The game has been and gone. Onwards and upwards etc.

There's an arseyness about multiple question marks. One will suffice. I knew you couldn't be one of those people. 

Edited by Swipe

Well this has taken a turn. Let's leave it there. The game has been and gone. Onwards and upwards etc.

There's an arseyness about multiple question marks. One will suffice. I knew you couldn't be one of those people.

Yeah I certainly didn't mean to come across arsey.

Actually that doesn't sound right.

Dunno. A player can absolutely throw himself to the ground and there still be contact. Enough contact to make the ref wonder. Exaggerating a foul is cheating, but the foul might still be there.

That ref is s*** but I'm not buying the idea he desperately wanted to give a penalty against Livepool. That stuff is silly. I'll bet loads feared the worst when they saw it at full speed.

I'm not on about an anti Liverpool agenda with the ref. I'm on about him giving a big decision in a big game in front of the away fans. When you listen to Clattenberg's comments the other day and you see the way some of the refs carry on it's obvious they want to be part of the story. He bloody loved it.

I'm not on about an anti Liverpool agenda with the ref. I'm on about him giving a big decision in a big game in front of the away fans. When you listen to Clattenberg's comments the other day and you see the way some of the refs carry on it's obvious they want to be part of the story. He bloody loved it.

Maybe. He's proper s***. 

I think the bottom line with it is you can view it both ways. I was f***ing fuming and thought the ref was booking C-L for the dive. BUT it's not like the ref's made a howler. At 0-0 I wonder ig he gives it

the ref gave it, so it is one

it looks like a dive because it was

oh and Carra could be Chairman of the 'Lovren is s***, get rid' club

It's the Brexit of football. It's Vardy. He even does that little leg-flick as he's going down to try to make sure there's contact

I once had to have words with an old manager of mine as he was a flagrant multiple question marker. Comes across very aggro doesn't it. I think it's good advice you've given here, as it was when I gave it to my manager.

That’s it. My manager would do it the first time he’s asked a question which doesn’t even make sense.

Let’s keep things sports-casual.

I once had to have words with an old manager of mine as he was a flagrant multiple question marker. Comes across very aggro doesn't it. I think it's good advice you've given here, as it was when I gave it to my manager.

three punctuation marks. the sure sign of an unsound mind. not my words lynne, the words of terry pratchett.

I still can't believe there are Liverpool fans who think it was a penalty.

And I still can't believe there is anyone who is incredulous that it was given.

When all is said and done, with a better defender in there then that never ends up as a penalty, for any number of reasons (he cuts out the hoof, or he is smarter in his challenge, or the ref doesn't think 'Well it is that useless c*** so it is probably a foul')

All adds up to the same thing - f***ing get rid.

Better defenders than Lovren would have given away a pen (based on the ref's view).

Whether it should have been a pen or not has fck all to do with Lovren's strengths or otherwise as a defender.

Yep. I agree. This one had more to do with the quality of the pass, the attacker being cute and the refs view than anything Lovren did. Though Lovren played his part.

A better defender might have cut out the pass and might have risked giving the attacker more space to mitigate the danger of the dive. Might. Might not. And the second option would have resulted in criticism for net getting tight enough.

Yep. I agree. This one had more to do with the quality of the pass, the attacker being cute and the refs view than anything Lovren did. Though Lovren played his part.

A better defender might have cut out the pass and might have risked giving the attacker more space to mitigate the danger of the dive. Might. Might not. And the second option would have resulted in criticism for net getting tight enough.

A better defender would have kept a, and many a, clean sheet. f*** Lovren.

Better defenders than Lovren would have given away a pen (based on the ref's view).

Whether it should have been a pen or not has fck all to do with Lovren's strengths or otherwise as a defender.

I agree that whether it was or was not a penalty is irrelevant but better defenders than Lovren would probably not have tried to intercept the long ball or tried to beat the striker to the ball once it had passed them and would not therefore have been in a position where there was any ambiguity to enable the ref to give a penalty in the first place.

Better defenders than Lovren will also make mistakes from time to time but Lovren's are more frequent and often compounded by his attempt to recover the situation.

And I still can't believe there is anyone who is incredulous that it was given.

When all is said and done, with a better defender in there then that never ends up as a penalty, for any number of reasons (he cuts out the hoof, or he is smarter in his challenge, or the ref doesn't think 'Well it is that useless c*** so it is probably a foul')

All adds up to the same thing - f***ing get rid.

I think you've put that really well

you clearly know a lot about footy; why don't you join our Last Man comp? it's a lot of fun, simple to enter and it would really raise the bar if you entered. Plus you'd win a cash prize!

see the Last Man thread for details