By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Things to do to cheer us up

Stanley Leisure

17 hours ago, PaulMcC186 said:

I can't remember if I've seen them live so I'm looking forward to it. I think I probably seen them at Glastonbury or something years ago but not sure. 

Just seen they’re playing the Festival of Voice in Cardiff, with Tricky on the same bill. I’ll have a bit of that.

• Like 1

On 01/11/2020 at 18:12, Romario said:

Bought an Oculus Quest 2. Downloaded an ape/game / experience called Wander which is basically google maps in vr.

Spent the afternoon globe trotting. while sitting on my bed with the football on in the background on the radio.

Visited Iceland, random Islands off japan, Chernobyl and the surrounding forests (huge metal cover now standing over the reactor, Syria (dreadful destruction) Faroe islands, random walks through huge cities in China I've never heard of, an amble in Guam. Popped over to North Korea and finished with an amble down memory lane of all the different places I've lived in in both the UK and Ireland. It also has a calendar dating back 11 years so you can go to a location and drop year by year to see the changes. 

Kinda low key but also amazing.  Oh yeah, a wander around Hawaii too. 

Gonna hit the back streets of cities in Brazil, Argentina and India next. 

I was thinking about getting one of these - are they worth it in your opinion Romario?

2 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

What's the alternative?

Never forget about 20 years ago someone came out of our work toilet shaking their head and immediately sent an email requesting whoever had left the huge turd in the loo to go and sort it out... I was sat near the loo's and someone else went in curious how bad it was and he came out with a pale face and a shocked expression. Said it was like an arm reaching out of the loo..... Anyway another email got sent saying it needs sorting as it's a unisex toilet... 

About 10 mins later a lad who had only just started working with us that week got up from his desk and walking in there holding a biro.... 3 mins later he emerged and went and sat down and replied to the email 'it's sorted' 

😂

So yeah... The alternative could be a biro if you need to chop up a turd 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

What's the alternative?

I Have the same ‘conversation’ chez nous

if your shower head reaches over the toilet bowl then you can use it to effect a far more satisfactory method once you’ve got your co-ordination right 

but failing that….

It wasn't me driving the change of strategic direction in the bathroom hygiene department, but I am fully behind the no s**** covered brush in the bathroom policy now. You'll get there one day. 

5 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

They are a bit rank but i give mine a rinse with a second flush after deployment. 

there'll be bits of turd wedged in those bristles for months mate, dont kid yourself.

5 minutes ago, Rex Ham said:

It wasn't me driving the change of strategic direction in the bathroom hygiene department, but I am fully behind the no s**** covered brush in the bathroom policy now. You'll get there one day. 

there'll be bits of turd wedged in those bristles for months mate, dont kid yourself.

I mean there are no easy solutions here, but what do you do when there’s sh*t left over on the toilet bowl? 

For many years I stubbornly refused to get on board with the toilet brush as a means of shifting sticky, s***ty bits from the toilet bowl. I used to convince myself that if returned soon after the dump and had a piddle which I directed straight at the left-behind skid-mark, that I would be able to remove it without using a brush. OK, that didn't work, so maybe the next piss. Or the next. Skid marks would be left behind for days with me repeatedly, pointlessly, pissing on them. They never moved. This went on for years. In the end I gave in and tried a toilet brush. It worked. My life changed overnight.

But... I have three words to say you lads that will make a paradigm shift in your lav hygiene routines: silicon toilet brush.

I'll just leave that one with you. Thank me later.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

You can't just bleach everything ffs. Sometimes you need elbow grease. 

This is it, two flushes and a bit of bleach isn’t shifting some of the more stubbon sh*ts. 

4 minutes ago, Rex Ham said:

Bit of bleach normally does the trick. Very stubborn ones might need a double flush double bleach application. Not really thought about it in any great depth before but I suppose the quality of the flush on your bog makes a big difference here. 

What do you do if you sh*t somewhere other than home? 

2 hours ago, DPD1973 said:

I was thinking about getting one of these - are they worth it in your opinion Romario?

It’s fun alright and I know people who play around with it every day. I’m not one of those people and the novelty has wavered  a little. 

There are some great experiences on it though so it’s worth the money and I think will only get better and better with more content. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rex Ham said:

Bit of bleach normally does the trick. Very stubborn ones might need a double flush double bleach application. Not really thought about it in any great depth before but I suppose the quality of the flush on your bog makes a big difference here. 

You have a reservoir of bleach in a bowl at the bottom of the brush canister. 

And the secondary flush as per SL is good standard practice.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barnesy_10 said:

Never forget about 20 years ago someone came out of our work toilet shaking their head and immediately sent an email requesting whoever had left the huge turd in the loo to go and sort it out... I was sat near the loo's and someone else went in curious how bad it was and he came out with a pale face and a shocked expression. Said it was like an arm reaching out of the loo..... Anyway another email got sent saying it needs sorting as it's a unisex toilet... 

About 10 mins later a lad who had only just started working with us that week got up from his desk and walking in there holding a biro.... 3 mins later he emerged and went and sat down and replied to the email 'it's sorted' 

😂

So yeah... The alternative could be a biro if you need to chop up a turd 

Me mate told me he blocked the bog with a turd once and had to take a coat hanger to it. I didnt even know it was possible to block the bog with a turd at this point so I was in shock

22 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

For many years I stubbornly refused to get on board with the toilet brush as a means of shifting sticky, s***ty bits from the toilet bowl. I used to convince myself that if returned soon after the dump and had a piddle which I directed straight at the left-behind skid-mark, that I would be able to remove it without using a brush. OK, that didn't work, so maybe the next piss. Or the next. Skid marks would be left behind for days with me repeatedly, pointlessly, pissing on them. They never moved. This went on for years. In the end I gave in and tried a toilet brush. It worked. My life changed overnight.

But... I have three words to say you lads that will make a paradigm shift in your lav hygiene routines: silicon toilet brush.

I'll just leave that one with you. Thank me later.  

commonly known as "helping out round the house"

• Haha 1