By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Things to do to cheer us up

Stanley Leisure

2 hours ago, Earl Hafler said:

Would have been a panel to cover the drawers. Should be a catch ( or hole) above the top drawer where it's set back.

You can see some wear - a vertical line almost - on the extremities near the drawer sides and two sets of three holes in front of the bottom drawer.

Anyway, it's probably worth more as a functional utility piece for kitchen or living room once you've finished.

Great knowledge.

I'm gonna buff it real nice and put socks in it.

• Haha 1

It's my wife's birthday today. She has one arm in a cast after an operation She is caring for her mother 24/7. We are in self-isolation. She is, I think, a wee bit depressed with it all. So I've organised a surprise online birthday party for her with a few of her mates for this evening. I hope it goes OK otherwise it might push her over the edge. :D    

15 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

It's my wife's birthday today. She has one arm in a cast after an operation She is caring for her mother 24/7. We are in self-isolation. She is, I think, a wee bit depressed with it all. So I've organised a surprise online birthday party for her with a few of her mates for this evening. I hope it goes OK otherwise it might push her over the edge. :D    

Surely we are all invited too? Surely? SURELY?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stanley Leisure said:

I picked up a job lot of woodworking tools a week or so back. I’ve been sharpening and cleaning etc with a view to revisiting my O level woodwork skills*. I’ve always thought I’d like to do some woodwork again and it seems I now have the time.  First up will be planing and squaring before some joint practice

*They were s*** 40 odd years ago but it was only a couple of years ago I got rid of the coffee table I made 

22 hours ago, pipnasty said:

Just about to start an online course in sustainability and, out of the three people who have registered so far, one of them is Dave Stewart from the Eurythmics.

Many years ago, I went on some AVID training and Ray Davies took part in the course and never took his sunglasses off once.

Was it on a sunny afternoon?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tosh said:

I picked up a job lot of woodworking tools a week or so back. I’ve been sharpening and cleaning etc with a view to revisiting my O level woodwork skills*. I’ve always thought I’d like to do some woodwork again and it seems I now have the time.  First up will be planing and squaring before some joint practice

*They were s*** 40 odd years ago but it was only a couple of years ago I got rid of the coffee table I made 

What planes did you buy? 

Just curious... 

9 minutes ago, Earl Hafler said:

What planes did you buy? 

Just curious... 

It’s a Record. Seems to be flat and I can get to square along the grain. Gonna have to research getting square across the grain/ends. Seem to recall a bench hook being needed

9 minutes ago, Tosh said:

If you’re missing some sport, R5LSE are doing a ball by ball of the third Ashes test from last year

Toss at 11.05

That's a couple of hours on Sunday sorted then.

Remember last year when it happened we went for a family walk out to Hilbre Ilsand which we found out when we got there was closed 'cos someone had set it on fire.

So followed ball by ball on BBC live text in a pub beer garden. Stokes is boss.

On 07/04/2020 at 00:53, Hassony said:

This is THE best thing shared over social media in the past 2 weeks. What a beautiful moment. Truly wonderful. Thank you to my new favourite duo. https://t.co/8vzcWXrXOc

isnt that from last year or something...or do they do this a lot.

still probably beats my interaction with my daughter last night who refused to come out of the toilet until i left and hated me, cause shes 12 and i found some inappropriate s*** on her phone!

calmed down once i explained to her not to be a f***ing cretin and keep the s***, delete things your mum and dad wont like ffs.

kids today....thick as f***

1 hour ago, kop205 said:

That's a couple of hours on Sunday sorted then.

Remember last year when it happened we went for a family walk out to Hilbre Ilsand which we found out when we got there was closed 'cos someone had set it on fire.

So followed ball by ball on BBC live text in a pub beer garden. Stokes is boss.

ICC world player of the year,  knocked Kohli off top spot. Jofra in the top 5 too.